Academic Year Permit
Academic Year Permits are valid from September 1st to April 30th of each academic year. The costs are as follows and include applicable taxes:
|Residents||$382.50||('R' Permit) Robson Underground $435.00|
Commuter and Resident students may purchase an academic year parking permit at the following location:
Security and Parking Services Office (Welcome Center)
TWU Langley parking operates a Pay-By-License Plate system. All passes are virtual. There is no longer a requirement to display a parking decal. As such it is mandatory that you provide accurate vehicle details with regards to the vehicle license plate number. Incomplete or incorrect details may void a permit and result in a violation ticket being issued.
- Permits may be obtained throughout the academic school year on a pro-rated basis.
- Refunds are given for commuter and resident permits on a pro-rated basis. Refunds will be calculated from the date of the request being made and can not be back dated to an earlier date. If the original receipt of purchase is presented refunds can be made immediately. If not all refunds will be made to student accounts.
- Your permit must match your student status - If your student status changes, please see Parking Services.
- Permits can be transferred to a different vehicle by the original purchaser.
- Permit holders MUST read the signs that designate parking lots to ensure they have parked in a valid lot for their permit. See Lots for details.
- If you are temporarily driving an alternate car (i.e. courtesy vehicle stop at the Welcome Centre to receive a temporary pass.
- Purchase a daily parking dispenser pass for $7.50 per day (tax included).
We also offer 30 min parking for $1.25
1 hour parking for $2.50
2 hour parking for $3.75
3 hour parking for $4.50
and 5 hour parking for $5.00.
- Ticket dispensers are located at the following locations on the TWU campus: Flagpole, Fosmark/Canil, Music Lot, Strombeck Lot, Gym Lot, and Northwest. The Reimer Student Centre underground has a pay hourly dispenser. Dispensers accept coins, Visa and MasterCard. Be sure to have exact change as the dispensers do not give change.
- If any particular dispenser is malfunctioning, the driver MUST seek the next available working dispenser to purchase their parking dispenser ticket.
- A claim that a dispenser was not working is no defense to a parking violation for parking without a valid dispenser ticket.
- Purchase a $25.00 weekly permit at the Parking Services office (Welcome Center) or one of the ticket dispensers - valid for 7 calendar days.
Summer parking must be purchased between the months of May 1st and September 1st. The cost of a summer pass is $175.00. Summer passes are also available on a weekly basis after the first two weeks the price of the weekly parking goes down to $15.00 a week to accommodate the three week classes. A Summer Permit may be purchased for the full 4 month summer semester, or purchase weekly or daily parking. No Academic Year Permits will be valid after April 30th. Summer Permits will be available for purchase starting in April for summer courses. There are no refunds on Summer Permits.
Motorcycles do not require a parking permit when parked in designated areas.
Parking for People with Disability
If you have a temporary disability that merits special parking consideration, obtain a temporary disabled permit upon submission of a physician’s certificate, at the Parking Services office (Welcome Centre). Parking still needs to be purchased however priority parking is available in our parking lots.
- Alumni Parking Pass holders may park in C lots only and must adhere to the rules and regulations pertaining to C Lots. See Lots.
- Alumni Parking Passes ARE NOT valid if classes are being taken. If you are an Alumni taking classes, you must purchase student parking.
- Alumni Parking Passes are free and are issued to TWU graduates. It is a pass given to former students so they may drive on to campus (for reasons such as visiting friends, shopping at the bookstore, going to the gym, having lunch) and park at no charge.
- Alumni Parking Passes must be registered with Parking Service but also can be obtained by contacting the Alumni office as there is an online option in which your pass can be mailed to you. Car ownership paperwork needs to be shown to parking staff to receive Alumni Parking status.