Are you applying to a Bachelor of Education program? Do you need to meet the professional certification requirements for BC Ministry of Education? If you need to complete English, Canadian Studies, Mathematics, and Science requirements, you can complete one or all of your courses in 1, 3 and 4-week evening formats between May and August.
These fast-track courses will help you complete your professional certification requirements for teaching in BC before September.
To make these courses accessible to you, Trinity Western University offers a quick and simple registration process through our Casual Studies Program.
Trinity Western University looks forward to assisting you with your career goals in becoming an elementary, middle, or high school teacher in BC. See you this summer!
- HIST 135 OL Pre-Confederation of Canada
May 22 – July 15; Bob Burkinshaw; Add’l fee: $65; Online
- HIST 136 IS Post Confederation of Canada
(Online – start anytime and have up to 4 months to complete). | Syllabus
- GENV 230 IS Geography of Canada
(Online – start anytime and have up to 4 months to complete). See previous Syllabus
- ENGL 103 A3 Intro to Fiction; For more info see Syllabus
3 sh May 1 – 18; TThF: 5:30 – 9:30 PM; Vic Cavalli; 3 Week
- ENGL 103 F3 Intro to Fiction; For more info see Syllabus
3 sh July 2 – 19; TThF: 5:30 – 9:30 PM; Vic Cavalli; 3 Week
- ENGL 104 B3 Intro to Poetry and Drama; For more info see Syllabus
3 sh May 22 – June 8; TThF: 5:30 – 9:30 PM; Vic Cavalli; 3 Week
- ENGL 103 IS Introduction to Literature (Online – start anytime and have up to 4 months to complete). For more info see Syllabus
- ENGL 104 IS Introduction to Drama & Poetry (Online – start anytime and have up to 4 months to complete). For more info see Syllabus
- MATH 190 A3 Math for Elementary Teachers; For more info see Syllabus
3 sh April 30 – May 18; MTThF; 4 – 7 pm; Homework Tutorial: 7:30 – 9 PM; Add'l fee: $65; 3 Week
- MATH 190 IS Math for Elementary Teachers
(online – start anytime and have up to 4 months to complete). For more info see Syllabus
- GENV 121 A3 Earth & Atmospheric Science - for more info see Syllabus
3 sh April 30 – May 18; 8:30 – 11:30 AM; MTThF; Wk 1: T-F; Lab 1: 2:30 – 5:30 PM; Add'l fee: $90; 3 Week
- GENV 121 F3 Earth & Atmospheric Science; For more info see Syllabus
3 sh Aug 7 – Aug 24; 8:30 - 11:30 AM; MTThF; Lab 1: 12:30 – 3:30 PM; Add'l fee: $90; 3 Week
If you are not a current TWU degree student register for courses through TWU’s Casual & Continuing Studies program see https://apply.twu.ca/
1. Click New User
a. Complete the Registration Information & create your password (with at least 1 number, at least 8 characters long) and click Register.
2. You will be directed to a screen called the Admissions Portal with a picture of TWU’s campus.
a. Click My Profile (on top right).
b. Complete this form with your information.
3. Complete the Application
a. Click Application [Select] in the left middle area of the page. If you are not directed to this page automatically click My Application on the top right of the page.
b. Choose Level of Study “Adult & International Degree Completion, Online and Continuing Studies”
c. Choose Program of Interest “Continuing Studies”
d. Choose Entrance Terms “Choose when you want to start”
e. Click Save and Continue
4. Complete & Review the Community Covenant & Legal Confirmation. Click Submit.
5. Email Jonathan at email@example.com to let me know you have completed the application.
Trinity Western University Extension