Amanda Greenway is a tenured Associate Professor of Accounting in the School of Business at Trinity Western University. Amanda qualified as a CPA at Deloitte in Vancouver, BC in 1986 and has worked at several accounting firms in BC and Ontario. She has taught accounting at TWU for more than 16 years. She currently teaches beginner and intermediate accounting and financial statement auditing. She has performed research in the area of recruitment of international accountants. She is currently working on spiritual formation of students with a focus on their financial struggles.
Amanda has been involved in the following:
- Prepared, with assistance, a successful CMA Canada Accreditation Application for the TWU School of Business 2011
- Elected and Served on the Faculty Association Executive and Faculty Work Environment Committee 2014/15
- Elected member of the Faculty Work Environment Task Force 2013/14
- Elected Faculty represenative to the TWU Senate 2011 and 2012
- Served on the organizing committee and key organizer for the Christian Business Faculty Association Conference held at Trinity Western University Summer 2012
- Member of the TWU Research Grants Committee 2002 – 2008
- Accounting Administrator in charge of accounting co-ops, accounting internships and scholarships, liaison with CPABC and CPA firms
- Co-founder and executive of Trinity Toastmasters (Toastmasters International) 2009 -2015
- 2009-2013 VP of Marketing
- Awarded Outstanding Initiative for student recruitment
- Awarded Triple Crown for attaining three levels in one year
- On executive team organizing the Toastmasters Speaking Showcase at TWU
held February 3, 2011.Member of the TWU Magazine Advisory Board 2009
- Faculty Liason for the TWU Student Business Association 2004/05
- Hosting speakers (Auditor General of BC,President and CEO of the ICABC)Amanda has been involved in organizing annual Career Fairs in the Fraser Valley to assist students to obtain accounting positions. Amanda co- founded the Fraser - Valley CA Association where she has served as Vice President (2007/2008) and President (2008/2009). She also organizes an annual Alumni networking event.
Research & Scholarship
- Oh, Joon Whan, Shim, Chung Jin, Greenway, Amanda (2014). Relation of Firm’s IOS with Future Profitability and Earnings Persistance. Accounting Information Review, 32, 337-357.
- A.J. (2013). Gender and Grace: Love, Work & Parenting in a Changing World by Stewart Van Leewen (1990). The Journal of Biblical Integration in Business, 16, 94.
- Flint, A, "Challenges Facing International Post-Secondary Students Aspiring to Become Chartered Accountants in BC" International Journal of Diversity in Organizations, Communities and Nations, January 2011, Vol 10 #6, and presented the paper at the 10th Annual Conference on Diversity in Organizations and Nations in Belfast, Ireland, July 20, 2010.
- On a research team that developed a unique technical document (and website www.accountingincanada.ca) entitled, “The Immigrant’s Guide to Becoming a CGA or CMA in BC & Alberta” (The GUIDE) and funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education, to assist internationally trained accounting professionals assess which professional Canadian accounting designation to pursue, based on their prior learning, experience and goals.
- Developed a unique technical document entitled, “Application for Assessment of Experience and Industry/Academic Training (Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition – PLAR) for the Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Accounting Professionals and the CMA Accelerated Accounting Program” to assist internationally trained accounting professionals and the CMA program assess at what point in the CMA Bridging program the applicant should enter. The project was funded by the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development’s Foreign Credential Recognition program.
- Flint, A “Solutions to Corruption in the Auditing Profession.” Review of Human Factor Studies, June 2005, Volume II (1): 113-129, International Institute of Human Factor Development, peer-reviewed and presented it at the Christian Business Faculty Association Conference, San Diego, CA.
- CPA-CA Designation – The Institute of Chartered Accountants British Columbia, 1986
- MBA, Accounting and Finance Major, University of Windsor, 1986
- B. Comm. (Honours), University of Windsor, 1982
- BA, History and English, University of Toronto, 1980
- Canadian Securities Course, 1997
Awards & Honors
- Awarded Outstanding Initiative for student recruitment by Toastmasters International
- Awarded Triple Crown for attaining three levels in one year by Toastmasters International
A paper entitled, "Spiritual Formation in the Classroom with a Focus on Students’ Financial Struggles" will be presented at the Christian Business Faculty Association conference October 19-21. 2017.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Member, Good News Toastmasters Club, Toastmasters International
- Member and Faculty Liaison of the Trinity Accounting Association
- Member, past President and past Vice President of the Fraser Valley Chartered Professional Accounting Association
- Member, Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants of B.C.
- Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants
- Member, Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Accounting and Auditing
She currently teaches introductory and intermediate accounting and financial statement auditing.