Feature Card Small
Research & Scholarship
B.A. (British Columbia); M.A.., Ph.D. (Alberta).
Awards & Honors
Notable accomplishments and experiences
- 2002-2005, Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology Award. This grant will fund a three year programme entitled, Toward a Healing Path: Theological Education and First Nations Issues. ($26,900 US)
- 2000-2001, Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences Science and Religion Course Program Award, Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, CA Funded by the John Templeton Foundation. ($10,000 US)
- Introducing Canada: An Annotated Bibliography of Canadian History in English. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 1998. Magill Bibliographic Series. With Bob Irwin. xvi + 392 pp. Recipient of a 1999 Choice Outstanding Academic Book Award.
- "Inevitable Revolution and Methodism in Early Industrial England: Revisiting the
Historiography of the Halvy Thesis," Fides et Historia 29, no. 3 (Winter/Spring 1997): 28-43.
- "The Response of the Church of England to Economic and Demographic Change: the Diocese of Chester, 1818-1851," Past Imperfect 3 (1994): 73-94.
North American intellectual and religious, Aboriginal issues, science and religion