The purpose of the Dead Sea Scrolls Institute of Trinity Western University is fivefold:
- To support scroll research among the Biblical Studies faculty at Trinity Western University;
- to foster serious study and dialogue among biblical scholars and scholars of the Dead Sea Scrolls throughout the world;
- to offer popular lectures by visiting scholars to communicate the significance of the scrolls to the faculty and students of Trinity Western, as well as the general public;
- to provide support for Trinity's M.A. in Biblical Studies; and
- to publish both scholarly and popular studies arising from the various activities of the Institute.
We believe that Evangelical Christian scholars should play a significant role in the study of the Dead Sea Scrolls. The reason is clear: among these scrolls are found the oldest manuscripts of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament), as well as various writings that shed important light on the world of Jesus, the early Church, and the New Testament.