All applications to conduct research with human participants MUST use the MOST RECENT application form and be submitted to the Human Research Ethics Board at HREB@twu.ca.
Applications from Trinity researchers MUST be managed through a Trinity email address (@twu.ca or @mytwu.ca).
email SUBMISSION PROCESS
FOR Primary investigators
- Download the appropriate application form from CREATE HREB APPLICATION.
- Fill in and digitally sign the field-protected form on your computer by clicking View > Edit.
- Send the application to the appropriate person for review, FROM YOUR TRINITY EMAIL.
- If you are a FACULTY RESEARCHER: send your filled-out and signed application to your Department Chair or Dean from your @twu.ca email.
- If you are a STUDENT RESEARCHER: send your filled-out and signed application to your supervisor or instructor from your @mytwu.ca email. Once they have approved it they will sign it and send it to your Department Chair or Dean, who will sign it and send it to the Ethics Compliance Officer.
FOR SUPERVISORS AND INSTRUCTORS
- Receive a signed application from your student.
- Review the application for scholarly merit and completion, and complete a Supervisor Review Form.
- Satisfactory application: sign the application and send it--along with the Supervisor Review Form--to your Department Chair or Dean from your @twu.ca email.
- Unsatisfactory application: return the application and review form to your student and continue to review the edited application until it is satisfactory.
FOR DEPARTMENT CHAIRS AND DEANS
- Receive a signed application from your faculty member.
- Review the application to confirm whether or not there is adequate infrastructure to support this research.
- If there is adequate research infrastructure in place, AND the application bears all appropriate signatures, you will sign the application and send it to the Ethics Compliance Officer from your @twu.ca email.
- If the application does not indicate adequate research infrastructure, OR is missing any signatures, you will return the application to the faculty member for revision.
Applications must be signed by the Primary Investigator, Supervisor (if PI is a student), and the Department Chair or Dean, AND be received from a Trinity email address, in order to be accepted. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Ethics Compliance Officer at HREB@twu.ca or leave a message at 604-513-2167.