will be updated when Calls for Papers are known
The Journal of Military, Veteran and Family Health aims to maximize the mental, physical and social health and wellbeing of military personnel, Veterans and their families by publishing world class research to a broad international and multidisciplinary readership of researchers, clinicians, administrators, and policy makers.
JMVFH publishes original research articles and several other types of articles related to the health and wellbeing of the populations of interest including: Emerging Practices and Programs, Clinical Practice Reviews, Arts and Humanities articles, Perspectives, Talking Points, and Letters.
The journal welcomes submissions in the following research theme areas:
- Mental health and rehabilitation
- Physical health and rehabilitation
- Social health and wellbeing
- Transition from military to civilian life
- Family health and wellbeing
- Evolving treatment practices or programs
- Occupational and environmental health
- Novel health technologies related to military service
- Transitions back to family life after deployment
- Health care policies and programs
- Military history related to health and wellbeing
- The arts and military health and wellbeing, and
- Gender based research related to any of the above theme areas.
The journal is multidisciplinary in scope and accepts articles from researchers and clinicians conducting research relevant to enhancing the physical, mental or social health of the beneficiary populations. Some of these disciplines include Bioinformatics, Biomechanical Engineering, Kinesiology and Health Studies, Medicine, Neurosciences, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Organizational Behavior, Physical Therapy, Psychiatry, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, and the Arts and Humanities.
For more details about article types and submission requirements please consult the Guidelines for Submission document.