VIENNA + PRAGUE // JUNE 5-15, 2018
*Alumni+ includes alumni, parents, staff, faculty, and friends
Uncover the stories Vienna has to tell — past and present.
Sit in a Prague café talking about God and culture.
Travel with people like you who want to explore faith and art.
… Join us for an unforgettable experience in two world-class cities!
- Educational lectures about arts, culture, and spirituality.
- Make friends! This is an intimate group of people passionate about the same things you are, hungry for meaningful conversations at pubs in Prague, cafés in Vienna, or walks by the Danube.
- Get more than a typical tourist experience. Our expert hosts will show you a side of these cities you’ve never seen.
- A portion of the fee is tax-deductible!
- Fly from anywhere. You can meet up across the world with alumni friends you haven’t seen in years.
Registration Form download here *deadline is November 15
Join hosts David and Colette Squires for 11 days in Vienna and Prague, exploring the arts, culture and worship life of these amazing world-class cities.
Vienna (6 days)
The sparkling jewel of Central Europe. Ringing with the names of the Habsburgs, Mozart, Beethoven, and Gustav Klimt, this imperial city has been at the forefront of European politics, music, and art for centuries.
- Day 1: arrival, check-in and group dinner
- Day 2: Hofburg Palace Complex, Vienna State Opera tour, Stephansdom (St. Stephen's Cathedral), free evening
- Day 3: Schönbrunn Palace, afternoon and evening free (opera optional)
- Day 4: Danube River cruise to Melk Abbey (UNESCO World Heritage site), evening free (orchestra concert optional)
- Day 5: morning free (Lipizzaner Horses show optional), Belvedere Palace and Gardens, concert at Karlskirche (St. Charles Church)
- Day 6: English language church service at Votivkirche, Kunsthistorisches (Art History) Museum, evening free
Prague (5 days)
The City of a Hundred Spires—once the capital of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Day 1: Train from Vienna to Prague, check-in and group dinner in Old Town Square
- Day 2: Walking tour/sights of the elegant Old Town, St. Nicholas' Church, Church of Our Lady Before Tyn, Wenceslas Square
- Day 3: Charles Bridge, Mala Strana, including St. Nicholas' Church (the other one!), Prague Castle, and St. Vitus' Cathedral, evening concert
- Day 4: free morning and afternoon, dinner cruise on the Vltava River (the Moldau!)
- Day 5: check-out and bon voyage!
Stories abound in these Old World cities, from the religious and political tensions of past centuries to the more recent turbulent events of the 20th Century. Like so much of Europe, streetside cafés beckon, museums and galleries hold treasures most of us only read about, and great music can be found around every corner.
Join like-minded people who want to explore faith and art—several short morning discussions will give you background and focus to our experiences. Along the way you’ll make new friends and enjoy life and laughter. And of course, there will be free time for shopping or…you decide!
PAST PARTICIPANTS SAID…
- “A definite 10. It was an amazing trip that was far beyond my expectations. A door was opened for me to a beautiful world full of creative art, a beauty that captured me and one that I will never forget.”
- “The trip was packed with activity, hitting many of the highlights of both cities, but still with some flex time for us to focus on personal choices. The group was great. It was truly a joyful time.”
- "Thank you David and Colette for all the planning you did and putting so much of yourselves into it. For me, it was the trip of a lifetime."
HOSTS: DAVID + COLETTE SQUIRES
David is Professor of Music and Dean of the School of the Arts, Media + Culture at TWU. Colette is an organizational consultant and instructor. They are passionate about travel, culture, and faith – and together they have led numerous trips to the sacred spaces and splendid places of the UK and France.
For information anytime, contact:
t: 604.513.2121 ext. 3469
REGISTRATION & COST
The trip is limited to the first 20 guests. The deadline to register (with $500 deposit), is November 15.
Your early bird rate is $4250, and a portion of the fee is tax-deductible!
Please return signed form and cheque (payable to Trinity Western University) to:
Trinity Western University
Attn: Shayna Leenstra, SAMC
7600 Glover Road
Langley, BC V2Y 1Y1