We desire to provide a safe, secure home for students, and part of that responsibility lies with students. Take reasonable precautions and an active role in ensuring a safe environment, including these basic guidelines:
- Report thefts or suspicious persons or incidents to Security immediately at 604.513.2099
- Do not prop open fire doors or any locked doors as this can endanger the lives and belongings of everyone in campus housing.
- Lock room doors and windows, and carry your keys with you. Keep valuable items in a safe place out of sight, engrave valuables, and record serial numbers. If you are locked out of your building or room, call Security at 604.513. 2099. An unlock charge of $10 will be issued for this service.
- Do not walk alone on the campus perimeter during evening hours. Please call Security at 604.513.2099 if you require an escort to your vehicle or to another campus building.
- Do not climb on building roofs or out of windows.
- Use a lock on your computers and laptops to deter theft.
- Meet food delivery personnel in building lounges.
Trinity Western University is not liable, directly or indirectly, for loss or theft of student personal property of any kind. This will also include, but not be limited to, damages from fire, water, or other causes. We advise you to obtain personal insurance against such losses—most will be able to obtain this kind of coverage through a rider on their family tenant or homeowner insurance policy.