On the Wednesday and Thursday of Missions Week (Jan 24th-25th, 2017), we host mission organizations and their representatives to connect the TWU community to the work that is happening in God’s kingdom around the globe.
To see a full schedule of events, click here.
WHY WE DO MISSIONS WEEK
We want to give our campus a desire and ways to partner with the global church. We hope to connect students with organizations and offer them practical ways to learn more about and become involved in missions. Whether we spark a student’s interest in why we do missions, help them realize their role in supporting and encouraging long term workers, or maybe even challenge them to go, we recognize that God calls us to be salt and light in the world.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR MISSION ORGANIZATIONS
Mission organizations and their representatives are primarily involved in a couple of ways:
- Organization Booths: Booths are available for two days to provide an opportunity for reps and the TWU community to connect. With your registration (see below), we will provide a table for your display, one parking pass, and light refreshments on Wednesday and Thursday morning.
- Dorm Meetings (optional): On Wed Jan 25th at approximately 9:00pm, we give organization representatives the opportunity to partner with a dorm to talk with a small group of students. This typically takes the form of reps telling their personal stories about their involvement in missions.
REGISTERING AN ORGANIZATION
Important Notes: Registration is free. This is different from previous years and means we are no longer providing lunch for organizational representatives. BUT we will provide coffee and pastries on Wednesday and Thursday morning, and one two-day parking pass per organization at no cost to you. We do need you to register as we can only accommodate 35 organizations on a first come, first serve basis.
GETTING TO TRINITY & AROUND
To get directions to Trinity Western University, click here.
To view a map of the campus, click here.
While you are free to bring your own meals, there are three main dining locations on campus. Included below is their location and hours of operation on a typical Wednesday & Thursday. Please bring funds to purchase your own meals.
- Main Cafeteria (Reimer Student Center, ): Buffet style. One price for all you care to eat. Some options include; pizza, wraps, salad bar, special of the day, sushi, frozen yogurt station, burgers and more!
- Café at the bookstore: Offers selections of grab and go items, coffee, Starbucks Frappuccino’s/drinks, pastries, cold and warm items, and more!
- The Cog (Northwest Building, 7am-7pm): Café style serving Starbucks coffee and a selection of grab-n-go items.
- The Lower Cafe (Douglas, 12pm-10pm): Sandwiches, sushi, and hot dogs, Starbucks coffee beverages, and Jugo Juice.
Once you are registered, further information will be sent to your email address closer to the time. Additionally, there will be some updates made to this website, so continue to check back.