SPRING BREAK MISSIONS
FEBRUARY 25TH- MARCH 4TH, 2018
These trips are an incredible opportunity to be thrust out of your comfort zone in order to ask the hard questions: Why are there homeless people in the wealthiest nations on earth? How do we live as Christians in light of these realities and injustices? Teams will work with numerous inner city ministries, locally in Vancouver, and internationally such as Habitat for Humanity and BARM. Through direct-service you will be given the opportunity to see God working in your own life and the lives of the people around you - whether it be a teammate or someone you meet on the street.
Applications available here.
- Applications are due by November 18th, 2017.
- Interested in leading? Team leader applications are due by October 11th, 2017. Sign up for an interview here!.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY: HAWAII
Work with a team alongside Habitat for Humanity, a non-profit organization that partners with cities around the world to break the cycle of poverty. Play your part in building affordable housing for low-income families, bringing them hope for a brighter future. There is a massive project underway involving over 100 homes for families in need. Students will be assigned to this site for 5 days (Feb 23, 24, 27, 28, Mar 1) of volunteer experience. The project is located on the sunny south side of the island in the Ele’ele area. While we are there, we will stay in the Nihi Kai resort ery close to Poipu Beach. On the days that we are not serving with Habitat for Humanity, there will be opportunity to experience many of the natural attractions of Kauai (beaches, waterfalls etc.)
- Hawaii Approximate cost: $1,200 (US) + Plane Ticket
(Dates: Feb 23rd - Mar 1th, 2018)
– Email Allan Kotanen at: email@example.com
- Deadline for application Jan 20, 2018. Only 18 spots, A-nonrefundable $500 will reserve a spot on the team.
– Email Allan Kotanen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban Plunge: VANCOUVER
Be a part of a unique and inexpensive experience, engaging the diverse and bustling culture of the Downtown East-side of Vancouver. Join a team of students as they dive into the city to navigate, learn, and support ministries who work to combat the ever-present social injustices such as homelessness, poverty, drug addiction, human trafficking and more. By participating in the Welfare Challenge and spending a night on streets, you will learn firsthand what it means to live in poverty. These urban plunges give you a chance to make a difference in your own backyard, and also to be stretched and impacted in all ways possible. Pick your dates (5 days at the beginning or end of Spring Reading Break)
- **Urban Plunge # 1: Feb.24-Feb.28 $150 + cash for buses & Welfare Challenge
- **Urban Plunge #2: Feb.28-Mar.4 $150 + cash for buses & Welfare Challenge.
URBAN RESCUE MISSION: SAN FRANCISCO
Located on the edge of San Francisco, the team will travel to the Bay Area Rescue Mission to serve those who are on the fringes of society. The mission provides the homeless in the Bay Area a place of refuge. Through hot meals, shelter, educational services and residential programs for those with addictions. Spend an inspiring week working with and learning from both the staff and the residents of one of the most ethnically, socially, and economically diverse cities in the world.
- Dates: Feb 25th - March 3rd
- Approximate Cost: $820
TRIP LEADERSHIP WITH GLOBAL PROJECTS
Our trips wouldn't run if it wasn't for students who choose to give their talents, time, and energy to leading. While the Global Projects team can plan trips, we need someone who is willing to filter our vision and values down to the team members and to give them life around the world. We provide leaders training, support, and mentorship all throughout the entire process, and consider it a privilege to work with students through what is a typically growth filled time.
Are you interested in leading a trip with Global Projects? If so, there are a couple of steps in the application process.
1. Fill in an application form by Oct 11th, and tell us that you want to lead! In the first interview question of the application form, please indicate your interest in leading. Unfortunately, at this point, our application form does not have a specific question about this, so please make your intention clear.
2. Book an interview here! Melissa Taylor & Joshua Lim
Spring Break Coordinators
p:604.513.2121 (3414) | e: Coordinator Emails