We’re here to help you!

Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive at the Service Hub.

If you can’t find what you’re looking for below, send us a Service Hub Request, and one of our Service Hub staff will get back to you shortly!

Student Account Information

How can I apply for a Letter of Enrolment/Graduation/Travel?

Please see our article Letter confirming Enrollment or Graduation for step-by-step instructions. 

Why is my account on hold?

The most common holds are:

If your hold is not listed above, please review this article on Holds & Warnings.

How do I update my email address/mailing address?

You are able to update this information via the Student Profile. Please ensure you regularly review the information listed on your Student Profile, and update it as needed.

Ensuring that the information listed in your Student Profile is accurate is extremely important for several reasons:

  • Most emails from TWU are sent to your TWU Student Email, as well as the personal email address you have listed in your Student Profile
  • Official Documents can be sent to the Mailing Address listed on the Student Profile
  • The information listed on your Student Profile is used for verification purposes & emergencies
I am an International Student, what else do I need to do?

Welcome to TWU! You can find some resources here and events & programs here.

Student Finances & Financial Aid

How do I check how much I owe, and how can I make my payment? 

To review your statement, please go here.

For payment methods, please go here.

If you need additional assistance understanding your statement, please review our article on  How to Read your Statement

How do I access my tax forms?

Please see step-by-step instructions here: View My Tax Forms.

If you have any questions regarding the information on your tax forms, please contact StudentTaxInquiries@twu.ca   

Why are my awards not showing up on my student statement?

A number of issues may be keeping your awards from showing up on your student statement.

  • Ensure that you are in enough semester hours to maintain award eligibility: Undergraduates must be registered in 12 semester hours each semester to maintain eligibility; for graduate students, please see your award offer, as eligibility requirements vary. 
  • Check that you have accepted your award offer: Students must accept their award offer for it to show up on their student statement. If it is before the Add/Drop deadline, you can accept your award offer here. If it is after the fall Add/Drop deadline, please submit a HelpDesk request to the Financial Aid Office. 

If you have met both the conditions above but your award is still not showing up, please submit a HelpDesk request to the Financial Aid Office.

Why is only part of my award showing?

In almost all cases, financial aid is split between the fall and spring semesters. For example, if you are receiving a $2,000 endowment award, you will receive $1,000 in the fall and $1,000 in the spring. 

Academic scholarships also prorate in proportion with your course load. For example, if you are receiving the Dean’s Scholarship and are in a 100% course load for a semester (15 semester hours), you will receive $1,000; if you are in an 80% course load (12 semester hours), you will receive $800. 

The information I have submitted in my financial aid application is no longer accurate. Can I make any changes? How do I update my need assessment once it has been submitted?

If you need to update any information in your financial application, please contact the Financial Aid Office via a HelpDesk request

I don’t expect to be in full-time studies for an upcoming semester. Can I still receive TWU awards or student loans?


While students need to be registered in full-time studies to receive TWU awards, exceptions for special circumstances can sometimes be made. It is recommended you contact Financial Aid to discuss whether an exception to policy would be available to you.

One common exception is the senior appeal. The senior appeal allows students to receive prorated financial aid for one semester during their final year of studies if they are registered in 4-11 semester hours. Please contact the Finacial Aid office via a HelpDesk request if this applies to you. 


Students must be registered in 9 semester hours or more to receive a full-time Canadian loan. If registered in 3-8 semester hours, students must apply for a part-time loan. If you are eligible for a full-time loan one semester and a part-time loan the other, you must apply for the applicable loan each semester.  

U.S. Direct Loan recipients must be registered in half-time studies (6 semester hours) or more to receive financial aid. If students are registered in less than 6 semester hours, they are only eligible to receive loan funding from private lenders. 

What kind of financial aid is available for the summer?

Unfortunately, there is no institutional financial aid available for undergraduate studies. However, students may be eligible for an early payment discount

Students may also be eligible for loans. If you would like to take out a loan for the summer semester please contact the Finacial Aid office via a HelpDesk request for further information. 

Academic Help, Records & Course Registration

When do I have to apply for Graduation?

Please see more information about the graduation process here.

When can I get my diploma?

Please ensure your mailing address is updated via the Student Profile so that you can receive your diploma after your degree conferral date has passed.  
For more information about diploma mailing and degree conferral dates, please visit the graduation FAQ page for your program. 

How can I order my Transcripts?

If you require an official transcript, you can order it here.  

If you simply need to review your unofficial transcript, you can do so here.   

Please note: We offer email delivery of PDF official transcripts to other institutions and employers; however, WE ARE UNABLE TO EMAIL PDF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS DIRECTLY TO PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES.​

For more information regarding how to complete either process, please see here

How do I register for courses?

You can access your registration portal here.  If you are unable to login, please see instructions here.   

For a guide on how to register, please review our article: Register for Courses.   

When is the cutoff (add/drop deadline) for me to change courses?

Our Important Dates document can be found here

Withdrawal information can be found here

I’m interested in taking an online course this semester. What is the difference between Online, FLA, and Virtual courses?

TWU offers a few variations of online courses, and you can find out which sections they are here.

Starting Spring 2022, you will see four categories of courses listed under Instruction Method via the Course Timetable schedules here or on the Registration Page (when you click the course to see more details) here. We explain each method further below:

  • F2F: the course is offered in face-to-face format
  • FLA: the course meets F2F. Livestream is available – please email professor.
  • FLEX/VIRT: the course meets online on specific time schedule
  • OL: the course is offered online, no specific time schedule

For any additional information regarding course delivery, please review our TWU Access page.

Online Learning & Information Technology (IT)

I have been registered for my course – why don't I see it on Moodle yet?

To start, please check if the course is on your Course Schedule  & that your status is current.

If you've just registered for the course, please wait 24 hours.

Please also note that courses are hidden by default by your instructor, and you may contact your instructor for further clarification. If you can log into Moodle, and your course is current, the course is probably hidden.

For more details, click here.

How do I get Microsoft Office for free as a student at TWU?

Every TWU student is given an Office365 License (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) through their TWU email to use for FREE while they are studying at TWU. It can be downloaded on to a computer or mobile device, and on up to 5 devices.

For instructions on how to download Microsoft Office for Windows, please see here.

For instructions on how to download Microsoft Office for Apple, please see here.

How do I get a TWU Zoom Account to use for my classes?

All TWU Students have a TWU Zoom account. To log in, please visit twu.zoom.us, select Sign In, and use your TWU Account username and password.

For more information, including how to access your TWU Zoom account via the Zoom desktop application, please see here.

How do I access Wifi at TWU?

Langley Campus

WiFi is available to all students on the Langley campus, whether you are living in residence, or a commuter. To access the TWU WiFi network, you must register each individual device (up to 5 per person) by following our instructions here.

Richmond Campuses (Minoru or Lansdowne)

WiFi is available to all students on the Minoru or Landsdowne Richmond campuses. To access this network:

From your device, select the TWU-Richmond WiFi network.

When prompted, enter your TWU Account username (eg. Firstname.Lastname) and TWU Account password.

Laurentian Leadership Centre (LLC)

WiFi is available to all students at the LLC campus in Ottawa. To access this network:

From your device, select the TWU-Ottawa WiFi network.

When prompted, enter your TWU Account username (eg. Firstname.Lastname) and TWU Account password.

How do I activate my TWU Account?

To activate your TWU Account, you need to log in to the website pass.twu.ca using the TWU Account username and temporary password sent to you by your Admissions Counsellor or Program!

If your temporary password has expired or you never received your account Welcome Email, you can still activate your account by following our instructions at the top of the page here.

I'm locked out of my TWU Account, how do I reset my password?

To reset your password, please visit pass.twu.ca and select Forgot Password?

If you are in need of a password reset, please see our instructions here

How do I access my TWU Email? 

Once your account is activated (see FAQ question "How do I activate my TWU Account?"), you will be given a @mytwu.ca email. You can access it by going to www.twu.ca/email, hovering over the Student tab at the top of the page, and selecting email.

For more information regarding accessing your TWU email, please see here.

Health & Wellness

How can I register for BC MSP and GuardMe?

All residents of British Columbia must enroll in Medical Services Plan (MSP).  

Since Jan. 1, 2020, international students have been required to enroll for BC MSP on their own. You can register for BC MSP here.   

It will take approximately 3 months for your BC MSP to activate. While waiting, international students must enroll GuardMe for interim medical insurance coverage. Please register GuardMe at www.guard.me/twu or email admin@guard.me.  

Where can I find information about medical insurance?

Please see here for information regarding medical insurance available to TWU students.

I’m experiencing mental health challenges, what are some wellness services that are available to me?

Langley Campus  

The Wellness Centre is here to support you, please see here for more information.  

Richmond Campuses (Minoru and Lansdowne)  

Please see here for more information regarding Wellness Services at our Richmond campus. 

Campus Life & Opportunities

Are there on-campus work opportunities for current students?

Current student employment opportunities are listed here.

To learn more about how to best prepare for student employment opportunities, please see here.

How can I keep myself updated on campus events & activities?

Langley Campus  

Langley Student Life opportunities can be found here.  

Richmond Campuses (Minoru and  Lansdowne)  

Richmond student life opportunities can be found here.