Mission of Trinity Western University
As an arm of the Church, to develop godly Christian leaders: positive, goal-oriented university graduates with thoroughly Christian minds; growing disciples of Jesus Christ who glorify God through fulfilling the Great Commission, serving God and people in the various marketplaces of life.
TESOL Certificate Mission Statement
The purpose of TWU’s TESOL Certificate Program is to develop students who are spiritually, intellectually, and professionally prepared for an outstanding career as TESOL educators. Through the TESOL Certificate Program, students will acquire practical skills and theoretical training in a globally recognized, faith-based program that will equip them to teach in Canada or internationally.
The TWU TESOL Certificate program was started in 1994. It received its first accreditation from TESL Canada as a Standard Two program in 2004, and has since remained a Recognized Teacher Training Program in good standing.
The instructors have Masters degrees with experience in North America and internationally, giving them the ability to apprentice ESL/EFL and ELL teachers for employment locally and around the world.
The over 2000 graduates teach in British Columbia, across Canada, in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. They have worked in a variety of settings from LINC and settlement programs to summer camps to university prep programs.
Affiliates of the TESOL Certificate Program
- ESLi – an English for Academic Purposes program to prepare international students for TWU
- CanIL – Canada Institute of Linguistics with a variety of training options
- School of Education – offers both undergraduate and graduate programs for the K-12 setting
- MA TESOL – preparing teachers for language programs in Canada and internationally
- BC TEAL – TWU is a BCTEAL Supporting Institution