Five scholarships are available for first-year (including transfer) students pursuing studies in theatre. Awarded by Trinity Western University, these entrance scholarships of $2000 are renewable for up to 3 additional years ($8000 total over 4 years).
The scholarships are granted to students interested in various aspects of theatre arts. For acting students, auditions and interviews are required. For students interested in playwriting, stage management, technical theatre or grad school preparation, interviews are required, accompanied by supporting documentation as applicable (writing samples, lists of production work to date, letters of support, etc.).
The Theatre Scholarships are in addition to all other TWU financial aid (scholarships, grants, endowments, on-campus employment, etc.) as well as assistantships and stipends for technical theatre students. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of artistic and academic promise, as well as leadership potential.
Applications for Theatre scholarships are accepted at any time. The sooner applications are received, the better the chances of success.
Eligibility and continuation criteria:
- Admission to TWU
- Successful interview (and audition if required)
- Declared theatre major
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 throughout degree program
- Demonstrated commitment to the theatre program at TWU
- Involvement in productions each semester at TWU
- Evident leadership potential within the department
- The Financial Aid office will notify successful applicants
- Apply online
- Complete Theatre Scholarship application form (PDF), and submit with required attachments to the TWU Theatre Department
FIRST-TIME UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
President's Scholarship (90.0% +): $6,000 per year
Provost's Scholarship (85.0% to 89.9%): $4,000 per year
Dean's Scholarship (73.0% to 84.9%): $2,000 per year
NEW TRANSFER STUDENTS
President's Scholarship (3.80 - 4.30): $4,000 per year
Provost's Scholarship (3.30 - 3.79): $3,000 per year
Dean's Scholarship (2.50 - 3.29): $2,000 per year
Additional scholarships available to Theatre students:
- Audrey Huizinga Scholarship ($500)
- Grant and Sinclair Architects Ltd. Scholarship ($700)
Please contact us if you have further questions:
Tel: 604.513.2121 ext. 3576