The Disabilities and Equity of Access Office provides academic assistance for students with documented disabilities. Learning and environmental support is available that focuses on providing a level playing field in terms of academic achievement.
TWU’s Disabilities and Equity of Access Office works on a model of self-advocacy. This means students desiring support and services must:
- Initiate contact with the Disabilities and Equity of Access Office.
- Follow the steps to request services.
- Participate in ongoing dialogue with Disabilities and Equity of Access Office staff.
As the primary contact point for any student with a disability, the Disabilities and Equity of Access Office provides supports to students with disabilities, which includes communicating with the student, faculty, and other university departments to support a student’s educational endeavours.
Services that are provided by the Disabilities and Equity of Access Office include:
- Follow up on student requests for academic accommodations per Equitable Access Policy for Students with Disabilities.
- Help with certain types of financial assistance (i.e. if you are a Canadian with a permanent disability, we can help you access grants for students with permanent disabilities).
- Referrals as needed.
- To problem solve with and point students in the right direction for appropriate support and services.
A Note About Confidentiality