Research & Scholarship
- DLitt et Phil, University of South Africa
- MA in Cross-Cultural Communication, Wheaton Graduate School, Illinois
- Daystar University, Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa
- BA with Social Sciences major, Vanguard University, California
Awards & Honors
- As researcher, the first GLOBE study on leadership in Black Sub-Saharan Africa.
- 2005 Dean's Innovative Teaching Award.
- Program development for online courses, specifically Anthropology.
- Development of successful Travel Study programs focusing on the developing world, notably Guatemala/Belize/Honduras and Kenya/Uganda.
- Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro!
Gender studies, Cultural Anthropology, Cross-cultural communication and leadership, Global and transformational leadership, Culture change, Socio-economic development in the Global South (specifically Kenya, Guatemala, Belize), and Curriculum design and contextualization for Asia and Africa
- ANTH 101 - Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- BUSI 111 - Introduction to Business (Bridge Program)
- ECON 230 - Introduction to International Development
- ECON 330 - Theory and Practice of Development
- COMM 111 - Introduction to Communication
(Vancouver campus, Bridge Program)
- COMM 231 - Introduction to Public Relations
- COMM/ANTH/LING 302 - Cross-Cultural Communication
- COMM 315 - Central America Field Study
- COMM 316 - East Africa Field Study
- COMM 350/ANTH 390 - Gender in Cross-Cultural Perspective (Guatemala & Belize, Kenya & Uganda)
- COMM 351-359 - Practica (three levels)
- COMM/ANTH 452 - Leadership in Multi-Cultural Contexts (campus, Guatemala & Belize, Kenya & Uganda)
- IDIS 410 - Globalization and the Changing Workplace
(Kenya & Uganda)
- IDIS 450/COMM 451 - Transformational Development & Leadership (Guatemala & Belize, Kenya & Uganda)
- LING 541 - Acculturation / Culture, Gender, and the ESL Classroom (MA TESOL)
- LDRS 545 & 565 - Leadership across Cultures (MA Lead)
- LDRS 617- Employee Engagement (MA Lead for China Cohort)
- Women and Leadership
- Women in Latin America
- Exploring Identity Crisis among Third-Culture Kids
- Nurturing Cultural Identity in Children between Two Cultures
- A Communal Narrative in Photo-Journalistic Form
- Advanced Publishing
- Advanced Public Relations