How to Apply
- Complete and submit your online application.
- Send us your most current high school transcript.
Your admissions counsellor will contact you with an admissions decision within two weeks of receiving your transcript and test scores.
Note: Transcripts are only considered official if they are sealed and sent directly to TWU from your high school or through the following electronic services: Parchment.com (preferred), E-Scrip-Safe.com, and National Student Clearinghouse. Please have your documents sent directly to email@example.com. Final transcripts must be received by July 15.
School of the Arts, Media & Culture
Art & Design (BA Honours)
- Prospective candidates apply at the end of second year; admission is also possible in third or fourth year. Admission is determined by portfolio application, adjudicated by a faculty committee. Alongside a strong portfolio, a 3.0 grade point average is required.
Email Josh Hale for more info.
- Audition prior to first year with the performance of two pieces from contrasting style periods. In most areas of study, these pieces should be a minimum level of Grade 7 RCM. Auditions are held in late March/early April and September. A limited number of Musical Arts Scholarships are available each year (application deadline March 15). Email Jon Thompson for more info.
- All students who want to take music theory or history classes are required to take a music placement test, regardless of their major. This test is offered during O-Week or by appointment later in the year.
Faculty of Natural & Applied Sciences
If you are considering majoring in any of the programs in the Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences, we strongly encourage you to take Grade 12 biology, chemistry, math, and physics (or equivalents) in order to be fully prepared for university studies in the sciences.
General Admission Requirements
Students are required to graduate from an accredited high school with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the following curriculum:
- Four years of English
- Three years of mathematics
- Two years of social science
- Two years of science (with one lab science)
- Two years of additional academic courses
It is recommended that you take a minimum of six academic subjects in your junior or senior year, including a minimum of three academic subjects in your senior year.
Early Admission: Apply by January 15
Regular Admission: Ongoing as space allows
Regular Admission: Apply by November 15
Early admission allows the University to track and shape the incoming class. If you apply for early admission and do not yet meet the University's requirements, your application will be reassessed in a later round. Final confirmation of admission and awards will be issued once the final transcript has been received. Final transcripts must be received by July 15.
Once you've been admitted, you will be contacted by your enrolment advisor to discuss financial aid, housing, and course registration. Visit the Admitted Students page to see what your next steps are.