Admitted Graduate Students

Congratulations on your acceptance to Graduate Studies at Trinity Western University!

Everything you need to know and do before you begin your studies can be found below. Have further questions? Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at or 604.513.2019. We are always happy to help.  

If you get stuck and need help with your login, finances, etc., you can submit a ticket at We also recommend checking out the Knowledge Base as it contains a lot of helpful info and step-by-step instructions.

Financial Aid

Our graduate programs offer a variety of scholarships, grants, awards, and/or assistantships that provide financial assistance for students registered in full-time graduate studies. Please contact your graduate program for specific questions regarding scholarships and aid. All awards are contingent upon the availability of funds. View the external scholarships page to determine your eligibility for additional awards.

Student ID Card

Student ID cards provide access to TWU library resources, gym facilities, Spartan athletics games, campus study spaces, and student discounts at local restaurants and businesses. 

To obtain your ID card, please upload a headshot. Student Life will print your card and notify you when it is ready for pick up.


Final official transcripts should be sent directly to TWU from your previous institution(s) of study as soon as possible. If your school(s) can supply official digital versions, have them sent to Official transcripts can be mailed to the following address: 

Graduate Admissions 
Trinity Western University 
22500 University Drive  
Langley, BC    
V2Y 1Y1 

Enrolment Deposit

Canadian and American students are required to pay a $300 deposit to confirm their admission and access course registration. This deposit is credited towards the first semester’s tuition payment and is refundable up to one month before classes begin. 

Students from outside Canada or the US must pay a $9,990 deposit.. International students with a valid Canadian study visa are required to pay $4,552. Please refer to the International Deposit and Refund Policy included in your letter of admission for more information. 

Payment options and instructions can be found on the Office of the Registrar’s website

Deposit due dates for each semester are listed below. (If you applied for the semester after the due date, your deposit is due within two weeks of your acceptance.) 

Fall - June 1 
Spring - November 15 
Summer (May-July) - March 15 
Summer (August) - June 15 

Course Registration

Course registration is open on specific dates for each semester: 

Fall - May 15 
Spring - November 14 
Summer (May-August) - March 13 

You can register online (via the student portal) after your enrolment deposit is processed.  

For program-specific information on course selection, contact your Academic Advisor (as outlined in your admissions letter) or the program contact listed below:  

Master of Arts in Biblical Studies and Christian Thought – Janaya Hall
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology –  Talitha Roffel
Master of Arts in Educational Studies-Special Education – Michele Dau 
Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Humanities – Jayne Cummins 
MA Leadership: Langley Campus - Debbie Mohamed; Richmond Campus - Susan Deng
Master of Arts in Linguistics – Hermione Zhang 
Master of Arts in TESOL – Tanja Etherington 
MBA: Langley campus - Catherine Han; Richmond Campus - Charlotte Wong
Master of Science in Nursing – Eric Fehr

Tuition Invoice & Payment Options

Once your course registration is completed, your tuition & fee invoice can be viewed on the student portal by selecting “Student Services” and then clicking on the “Finances” button. (Find tuition payment due dates on our website.) 

NOTE: For summer sessions, you may wait to submit your first tuition payment until one month before classes begin without being subject to late fees. However, you will not be able to access Moodle (our learning platform) until payment is received.

Tuition Fees

Detailed information on tuition and fees can be found on the Office of the Registrar’s website.

Learning Commons

TWU’s Learning Commons offers individual and group study space as well as online and in-person support services to help you succeed. One popular resource for graduate students is the Writing Centre, for help with any writing assignment at any stage in your writing process. Book an appointment

The Writing Centre also offers two non-credit classes:

SKLS 500 presents key elements of graduate writing via 12 hours of group instruction.

SKLS 501 provides 10 hours of individual Writing Coaching sessions with a professional Writing Coach.


Local off-campus housing opportunities are posted online. On-campus graduate student housing is available from mid-May to mid-August. Units can be booked through our Graduate Summer Housing webpage. 


Parking passes are required for all students every semester. Fees and other details are available on the Permit & Paid Parking page.


All students are issued a university email account ending in This email address will receive all university-related communication, including class cancellations, payment deadlines, and financial aid details. 

Activate your email account by logging into the student portal, selecting “Student Services” and then clicking on the “Email” icon.

US & International Students

American and International students studying in Canada often need to make additional arrangements. The common areas of preparation are listed below. Any additional questions can be sent to the Graduate Admissions Office at  

Student Work Permit

Information on obtaining a work permit for on-campus, off-campus, and post-graduation employment can be found on the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website

Please review the TWU COVID-19 International Student policies about travelling to Canada, quarantine requirements, and so on. They are regularly updated as new developments arise. 

Medical Insurance

TWU is committed to ensuring students are well cared for in order to maximize their time at university. This includes ensuring that students’ health care needs are provided for while they study. To accomplish this, all non-Canadian students who reside in B.C. during the academic year are required to enrol in the British Columbia Medical Services Plan (BCMSP). 

BCMSP provides all basic health care needs and helps you avoid surprise medical bills. Details about the health care plan can be found online.  

Students taking an online program (such as MA Leadership, MS Nursing, or MBA) who study on campus for a few weeks in the summer are required to enrol in BCMSP. 

When you arrive on our Langley campus, you must visit the Wellness Centre (Douglas Centre) to complete the paperwork for your health coverage. It will take about 5 minutes and you need to bring your student visa.  

The Wellness Centre staff are also able to answer any questions about health coverage for family members who may be joining you in Canada. If you have questions about BCMSP before you arrive, please email Karen Onderwater

Car Insurance

Before bringing your vehicle to Canada, check with your insurance provider regarding their specific terms and policies for using your vehicle in a different country. 


Each program offers orientation before classes begin. Program-specific orientation information is outline on the Graduate Studies Orientation Schedule page. Additional details will be sent from your program coordinator. Alternately, you can also contact them directly: 

MA Biblical Studies and Christian Though: Janaya Hall
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology – Talitha Roffel
Master of Arts in Educational Studies-Special Education – Michele Dau 
Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Humanities – Jayne Cummins 
MA Leadership: Langley Campus - Debbie Mohamed; Richmond Campus - Susan Deng
Master of Arts in Linguistics – Hermione Zhang 
Master of Arts in TESOL – Tanja Etherington 
MBA: Langley campus - Catherine Han; Richmond Campus - Charlotte Wong
Master of Science in Nursing –  Eric Fehr