EXAM CONFLICT RESOLUTION
Students may request to have an examination rescheduled if they have an exam conflict. An exam conflict is defined as one of the following:
- Two exams in the same period.
- Three consecutive exams.
- An exam on a Saturday or Religious Holiday that cannot be written for religious reasons.
Exam Conflict Resolution forms are available at the Office of the Registrar. A copy of your exam schedule, indicating the conflict, must be attached to the form. The form may be taken to your professor to request a change in exam time.
*Exam Conflict Resolutions are not official until the completed form is returned to the Office of the Registrar for approval.
EXAM CHANGE REQUEST
NO FEE: Students may also request to reschedule an exam due to extenuating circumstances over which the student has no control (e.g. illness with supporting medical documentation, death in one’s immediate family). No fee is incurred for this kind of rescheduling.
FEE: Other exam change requests, which will be subject to a fee, may only be rescheduled provided:
- The reason for rescheduling is for reasonable and substantial cause, applied for with details and approved on a form prepared by the Registrar’s Office, signed by the faculty member teaching the course, the faculty or school dean, and the Registrar. Faculty may NOT reschedule examinations outside this process.
- The examination is rescheduled within the normal exam period.
- The faculty member creates a new examination of equal difficulty to the original.
- The respective deadlines for such requests are:
- Fall Semester: November 15.
- Spring Semester: March 30.
Exam Change Request forms are available from the Office of the Registrar.
*Exam Change Requests are not official until the completed form is returned to the Office of the Registrar for approval.