Independent studies are designed for students to work at their own pace to complete courses online. You have up to four months to complete the course from the time you start but with no classes to attend, the course is flexible to fit within your busy schedule. Independent Studies are designed to accommodate learners that wish to self-pace their course work, however, require more discipline to stay on track. If you are a new student to the university, click here to apply. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a course you want to take but don't see it listed? Email Jonathan Barkowsky (email@example.com) to inquire about possible courses.*
*Independent Study course options may be limited.
If you are a new student to the university, click here to apply. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a current student, please Email Jonathan Barkowsky (email@example.com) to inquire about possible courses.
Withdrawal Guidelines for Independent Study Courses:
- You have 4 months to complete it.
- From the first day to the third week after you have been registered in the course there is a $450 drop fee if you drop the course.
- Dropping after week 3 will receive a W grade (withdrawal) on your transcript.
- A 60% tuition refund will be made on week 4, with further refunds decreasing by intervals of 10% per week and no refund after the sixth week.
- Week 7 - 11: You may only withdraw from courses due to severe extenuating circumstances after week 6. There is no tuition refund. A WP (Withdraw pass) or WF (withdraw fail) would be the grade on your transcript based on your grade at the time of withdrawing.