The Human Research Ethics Board of Trinity Western University exists to promote and uphold the ethical treatment of human research participants throughout the research process.
We abide by the regulations and guidelines as established by the Tri-Council Policy Statement on the Ethical Conduct of Research Involving Humans, as well as those of the Canadian Association of Research Ethics Boards.
Looking for specific information?
- Does my project require an ethics application, or is it considered Experiential Education?
- Which application form do I use?
- How do I fill out this portion of the application form?
- Are there templates?
- How do I submit my application to the HREB?
- What happens if my research takes longer than I thought it would?
- Something unexpected happened while I was working with my research participants. What do I do now?
- What do I do once I'm finished my research?
- What is the application deadline if I want to do human participant research for a class project?
- When does the HREB meet during the semester?
- How long will it take for my application to be approved?
MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN RESEARCH ETHICS BOARD
- Bill Badke, M.Div., M.L.S., Co-Chair (Library)
- Dr. Landa Terblanche, Co-Chair (Nursing)
- Bart Begalka, Ed.D. (Counselling Psychology)
- Darryl Klassen (Community Representative)
- Dr. Janet Epp Buckingham (Laurentian Leadership Centre)
- Dr. Kelly Arbeau (Psychology)
- Dr. Michael Bodner (Human Kinetics)
- Dr. Sung Min Yoo (Business)
- Dr. Valentina Proietti (Psychology)
- Elizabeth Kreiter, M.L.I.S., HREB Coordinator
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Human Research Ethics Board Coordinator
Office of Research and Graduate Studies
Reimer Student Centre