The Human Research Ethics Board of Trinity Western University exists to promote and uphold the ethical treatment of human research participants throughout the research process.
We abide by the regulations and guidelines as established by the Tri-Council Policy Statement on the Ethical Conduct of Research Involving Humans, as well as those of the Canadian Association of Research Ethics Boards.
Find guidance on conducting research with human participants during the COVID-19 restrictions here.
LOOKING FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION?
- Does my project require an ethics application, or is it considered Experiential Education?
- Which application form do I use?
- How do I fill out this portion of the application form?
- Are there templates?
- How do I submit my application to the HREB?
- What happens if my research takes longer than I thought it would?
- Something unexpected happened while I was working with my research participants. What do I do now?
- What do I do once I'm finished my research?
- What is the application deadline if I want to do human participant research for a class project?
- When does the HREB meet during the semester?
- How long will it take for my application to be approved?
MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN RESEARCH ETHICS BOARD
- Bill Badke, M.Div., M.L.S., Co-Chair (Library)
- Dr. Landa Terblanche, Co-Chair (Nursing)
- Darryl Klassen (Community Representative)
- Earl Phillips, LLB (Legal Representative)
- Dr. Katie Steeves (Sociology)
- Dr. Kelly Arbeau (Psychology)
- Dr. Michael Bodner (Human Kinetics)
- Dr. Sung Min Yoo (Business)
- Dr. Valentina Proietti (Psychology)
- Alyssa Fenuta, M.Sc., CSEP-CPT (Human Kinetics)
- Lola IYIOLA, MBA, MIB, PMP, Compliance Officer (Office of Research)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
LOLA IYIOLA, MBA, MIB, PMP
Ethics and Research Grants Compliance Officer
Office of Research
Reimer Student Centre