Sergio is joining TWU in 2021 as a faculty member after being the Principal of Rimbey Christian School in Alberta (2019-2020) and Assistant Principal of Elementary at Langley Christian School in British Columbia (2020-2021).
Prior to that, Dr. Cepero was Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology (2011-2019) and Vice Dean of Practicum and Teaching Innovation (2017-2019) at the University of Granada, Spain.
Research & Scholarship
See current CV here.
- PhD in Research and Advanced Studies in Didactics and School Administration (University of Granada, Spain).
- Postgraduate Diploma in Research and Advanced Studies in Didactis and School Administration, (University of Granada, Spain).
- Master in Educational Psychology, (University of Granada, Spain)
- Bachelor of Education (Elementary), (University of Granada, Spain).
- Also completed a 2 year Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Earth's Institute at Columbia University, NYC in 2006.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Ministry of Education of British Columbia: Professional Certificate of Qualification. Teacher Certificate Number: L229074. December 2020. Permanent.
- Ministry of Education of Alberta: Interim Professional Certificate. Teacher Certificate Number: 312190V. June 2020-August 2023.
- AISCA (Association of Independent Schools and Colleges of Alberta): Leadership Quality Status: Principal. April 2019. Permanent.
- General Teaching Council for England (GTC): Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Teacher Reference Number: 0933243. February 2009. Permanent.
Sergio's research interests include multidimensional poverty, particularly street children and homeless youth, orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs) in Sub Saharan Africa, poverty and indigineous (minority) children, violence prevention, and diversity.