To apply to the LLC, undergraduate students must have at least 60 s/h with a minimum average GPA of 2.75. Undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a university or college that is a member of the AUCC or CHEC may apply to the LLC certificate program as a visiting student. Visiting students will be students of Trinity Western University for a semester at the LLC. It is up to the student to determine in advance if the courses will be transferrable to their home institution. Students should obtain a letter of permission from their home institution to ensure transferability of part or all of the course credits.
Three criteria are used to evaluate admission to the LLC:
- academic record
- demonstrated commitment to and compatibility with a living/learning community and
- leadership experience.
Required prerequisite course: Trinity Western University's POLS 234, Introduction to Canadian Government and Politics, or an approved equivalent course.
Application deadlines: February 15 for fall semester (September to December) and October 15 for spring semester (January to April).
To apply you must submit:
- An Application Form or Visiting Student Application Form (completed by you)
- Two Academic Reference Forms* (completed by professors who know you)
- One Confidential Personal Reference Form* (This should be completed by a pastor or family friend who knows you personally as a mentor. It should not be a fellow student unless that person is your RA.)
- Unofficial Academic Transcript(s)
- Academic Writing Sample
*Note to referees: Please download the form and then save it to your computer with your name and the student's name in the file name (e.g. "LLC Reference - Jane Doe - Prof. Smith"). Complete, save and then send it as an email attachment to Jayne.Cummins@twu.ca. Some people have had trouble accidentally submitting blank foms.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application process, requirements, or the forms themselves.
Accessibility: The Laurentian Leadership Centre is committed to ensuring that our building is accessible to persons with disabilities. Students should contact the office for Disabilities and Equity of Access. Conference guests please see LLC Rentals and Building.