Brittany is a policy and communications professional with a background in the federal government and government relations. She is currently a political staffer, who has previously been part of a government relations team, working with a range of corporate, not-for-profits and business association clients on policy and advocacy matters. Brittany has a strong understanding of the legislative and political landscape, and a key grasp of the stakeholders involved in the political process. She has worked for a number of MPs over the last 10+ years through minority and majority governments as well as in opposition. She is skilled in media relations, networking, legislative affairs, social media management, political communications, advocacy, and public speaking. Brittany is interested in public affairs and is passionate about educating students on current domestic and international policy issues and generating discussion around solutions. Brittany is also passionate about the intersection of public policy, philosophy, and current events as well as critically engaging with pop culture from a philosophical lens. As an instructor, she is always striving to keep her course relevant, integrating new resources to ensure it's topical, engaging, and current. Brittany holds a Masters degree in Political Management from Carleton University, a Masters of Arts in Philosophy and Public Ethics, and a Bachelor’s Degree from Redeemer University. She hopes to pursue a doctorate in the future.
Research & Scholarship
- Carleton University – Masters of Political Management
- University of Ottawa – Master of Arts in Philosophy and Public Ethics
- Redeemer University – Bachelor of Arts
Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
Master of Political Management - 2017
- Coursework covers: strategic political communication, campaign management, formulating and implementing a policy agenda, crisis and issues management, political persuasion and the media, polling and opinion research, political ethics, the political policy landscape, and political advocacy.
- Capstone 10-week internship program
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
Master of Arts- Philosophy and Public Ethics - 2016
- Study specific to policy analysis and development from a variety of ethical frameworks
- MRP research: Human rights ethics, child welfare, and Children’s Aid Societies in Ontario
POLS 392 - Ethics and Public Affairs