Qualified applicants who wish to apply may begin anytime to send the following documents and information to the Graduate Studies Advisor as indicated below.
- MAEL applicants must have a Canadian teaching certificate.
- Four year undergraduate degree completed with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the final two years of the degree
- Three to five years of work experience (may include volunteering and coaching).
- Selected learners may be admitted without meeting our posted requirements, subject to the “Exceptional Admissions category” below. This will be an exception.
- Successful MAEL applicants will demonstrate English language proficiency at a master’s (graduate) level of analysis and thinking. English as a Second Language (ESL) applicants achieving an academic IELTS of 7.0 on all bands, an iBT TOEFL score of 100, or DuoLingo score of 115 are considered to have achieved a graduate level of proficiency, and may be eligible for direct entry to the MAEL program. Please see the international applicants webpage for a list of organizations that can provide an evaluation.
- Applicants scoring lower than these levels are eligible to apply for the TLC Pre-Graduate Study Program (PGS) which is available at either the Langley, BC or Richmond, BC campuses. Achievement of a passing grade in the PGS program indicates demonstration of an acceptable level of English language proficiency for program entry.
The intakes for this program are September, January, and May. There are rolling application deadlines throughout the year.
- Application form – www.twu.ca/apply-twu
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions mailed to us directly by the institution: (email unofficial versions to firstname.lastname@example.org)Trinity Western University
Attention: Graduate Admissions
22500 University Drive
Langley, BC V2Y 1Y1
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions mailed to us directly by the institution: (email unofficial versions to email@example.com)
- Two References. Letters sent directly by referee to firstname.lastname@example.org via email and post. (one academic and one professional)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (email to email@example.com)
- Admissions Statement (500 – 800 words. See instructions inside the online application.)
- Interview (in-person or Skype) (arranged by stream coordinator)
EXCEPTIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants unable to demonstrate the above Application Requirements, who wish to be considered for exceptional admission, may request instructions to submit the following additional required documents:
- Ten Written Statements about leadership in the form of a 2000-2500 essay. This will serve to assess applicant’s writing ability for master’s level learning. (10 questions will be emailed upon request)
- Prior Experience and Learning Assessment regarding applicant’s leadership competencies. (PELA will be emailed upon request)