Qualified applicants who wish to apply may begin anytime to send the following documents and information to the Graduate Studies Enrolment Advocate as indicated below.
- MAEL applicants must have a Canadian teaching certificate.
- Four year undergraduate degree completed with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the final two years of the degree
- Three to five years of work experience (may include volunteering and coaching).
- Selected learners may be admitted without meeting our posted requirements, subject to the “Exceptional Admissions category” below. This will be an exception.
- Successful MAEL applicants will demonstrate English language proficiency at a master’s (graduate) level of analysis and thinking. English as a Second Language (ESL) applicants achieving a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 105, or IELTS score of 7.5 on all bands, are considered to have achieved that level of proficiency, and may be eligible for direct entry to the MAEL program. Applicants scoring lower than this level, but with a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 100, or 7.0 on all bands of IELTS, are eligible to apply for the TWU ESLI Pre-Masters Program (PMP). Achievement of a PMP passing grade indicates demonstration of an acceptable level of English language proficiency for program entry.
For those with an IBT TOEFL score of less than 100, or IELTS score of less than 7.0, PMP entry will only be considered following demonstrated improvement in English language competency via participation at an appropriate level of the TWU ESLI program.
July intake: On or before June 1
January intake: On or before December 1
- Application form – www.twu.ca/apply-twu
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions mailed to us directly by the institution: (email unofficial versions to email@example.com)Trinity Western University
Attention: Graduate Admissions
7600 Glover Road
Langley, BC V2Y 1Y1
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions mailed to us directly by the institution: (email unofficial versions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Two References. Letters sent directly by referee to email@example.com via email and post. (one academic and one professional)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Admissions Statement (500 – 800 words. See instructions inside the online application.)
- Interview (in-person or Skype) (arranged by stream coordinator)
EXCEPTIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants unable to demonstrate the above Application Requirements, who wish to be considered for exceptional admission, may request instructions to submit the following additional required documents:
- Ten Written Statements about leadership in the form of a 2000-2500 essay. This will serve to assess applicant’s writing ability for master’s level learning. (10 questions will be emailed upon request)
- Prior Experience and Learning Assessment regarding applicant’s leadership competencies. (PELA will be emailed upon request)