Trinity Western University’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) extends your professional reach. This program prepares nursing leaders to serve in key nursing education, advanced practice, and health care leadership positions. The MSN program is situated within the ethos of a Christian liberal arts university, with an internationally esteemed Nursing Faculty and a vibrant Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
Upon completion of the program, MSN graduates will be able to:
- Apply thoughtful faith-based perspectives to nursing practice.
- Enact an enhanced professional role based on specialized knowledge and expertise in either nursing education, administration, or practice.
- Advance nursing scholarship in practice that is informed by sound evidence.
- Promote ethically responsible health care and health-related policy.
- Relate historical, academic, social, and political influences to health and nursing.
- Enact values-based leadership.
- Qualify for doctoral studies.
MSN graduates will advance in their career opportunities.
Graduates who choose to focus on Nursing Education are prepared for current and upcoming faculty and clinical supervision positions in baccalaureate nursing programs. Electives in nursing education will prepare nurse educators with the latest knowledge and skills for teaching in a variety of clinical and classroom settings.
Graduates who choose to focus on Nursing Leadership are in a unique position to provide highly effective leadership in today's changing, complex health care environments, as managers and professional practice leaders. Electives will prepare nurse leaders with integrated interdisciplinary nursing knowledge, demonstrated interpersonal and inter-professional communication, population health and the social contexts of health and illness, and emerging knowledge about health care organizations and leadership theory.