Feature Card Small
|Course code||course title||sem hrs|
|NURS 510||Foundations of Nursing Knowledge||3|
|NURS 520||Knowledge Synthesis||3|
|NURS 530||Nursing Inquiry I (Qualitative)||3|
|NURS 540||Nursing Inquiry II (Quantitative)||4|
|NURS 550||Health Care Policy (includes a 1-week online or in-person residency in Ottawa, Canada)||3|
|NURS 633||Health Care Ethics & Decision Making||3|
Total core semester hours:
|STream||Course Code||Course Title||Course Code||Course Title||SEm HRS|
|Education||NURS 611||Perspectives on Nursing Education||NURS 612||Learning/Teaching in Nursing Education||6|
|Leadership||NURS 621||Perspectives on Nursing Leadership||NURS 622||The Skills of Nursing Leadership||6|
|Advanced Nursing Practice||NURS 631||Advanced Nursing Practice is taken as one elective in addition to one of the Leadership Electives||6|
|Other||NURS 607||Directed Studies: Special Topics in Nursing OR Transfer course through the Western Deans Agreement||3|
Total elective semester hours:
*Flexibility in choosing an elective stream.
|THESIS||NON-THESIS Knowledge Translation (KT) PROJECT Course Based||Sem HRS|
|NURS 690 Thesis I||NURS 692 Knowledge Translation I||3|
|NURS 691 Thesis II||NURS 693 Knowledge Translation II||3|
|Total capstone semester hours:||6|
*Includes a 10-week Thesis Seminar series.
- A total of 31 semester hours are required for graduation.
- All courses must be completed with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Students who do not maintain a B average in core courses may be requested to withdraw from the program.
- Students must meet all graduation requirements within five years of beginning course work.
- Core and Elective courses (except Directed Studies) are offered once per academic year.
- Thesis students are required to maintain continuous registration in NURS 695 through completion.