Mark teaches courses in operations management and business modeling at TWU. He also consults with large and small manufacturing firms, with a specialty in the implementation of lean manufacturing. He has a particular history of success in explaining how lean thinking can be applied in service operations to improve both the quality and quantity of output. Professor McKay's students regularly conduct field projects that result in positive measurable financial impact for outside firms.
- BS Math (Northwest Nazarene University)
- MS Math (Clemson University)
- PhD Business Management Operations (University of Washington)
Health Care Management, Lean Manufacturing, Just-in-time Manufacturing, Service Operations, Operations Efficiency, Queuing, Quality control, and Spreadsheet modeling
Awards & Honors
- Private consulting as MJMcKay Corp, primarily in quality and efficiency of service delivery.
- Community and Volunteer work in youth sports leagues and local church.
- BUSI/ECON 275, 276 - Quantitative Methods I & II
- BUSI/ISYS 377 - Management Science
- BUSI 381 - Production and Operations Management
- IDIS 410 - Influencing the Changing Workplace: An Interdisciplinary Christian Perspective
- MBA 571 - Operations Management