Research & Scholarship
- Ph.D. (University of St Andrews, Scotland--2016)
- M.A. (MAIH, TWU--2010)
- B.A. (NW University)
Worden, Daniel L. “Clement’s Protreptikos to the Greeks: An Exhortation for relapsed Hellenistic Believers to Return to God.” Studia Patristica, LXXII (2014): 43-57.
My earlier training was in biblical studies, which focused on the Greek of the LXX and NT, as well as NT Exegesis and Biblical Theology; my later research interests and expertise are in Pre-Nicene Christianity and the history of Greek Orthodoxy in ancient Constantinople, leading up to the beginnings of Russian Christianity in Kiev-Moscow; my expertise is in the second century development of Orthodoxy and the rise of Gnostic beliefs, and especially Clement of Alexandria and Alexandrian Christianity. I enjoy the Apostolic Fathers (AD 95-AD 157) and the Church Fathers from Justyn Martyr (AD 100-165) to St. John of Damascene (d. AD 749). Presently, I am interested in the succession of the Popes (and Papacy) in conjunction with the Church Fathers and the rise of western European Monarchies.
- HIST 361 History of Christianity I
- HIST 362 History of Christianity II
- HIST 561 History of Christianity I
- HIST 562 History of Christianity II
- RELS 160 Intro to Theology
- RELS 361 History of Christianity I
- RELS 466 The Church Fathers