Jodi McBride is Executive Director of nonprofit Read Right Society, in Hope BC where she leads a team in delivering literacy, life skills, and early childhood programs. She has a diverse professional background with an underlying theme of literacy.
Prior to her work in Hope, BC, Jodi taught English in Japan and Mexico, and elementary school in Florida, USA, where she developed and implemented a Writing Intervention Program to help struggling students succeed. Jodi also worked as a freelance writer, helping businesses and nonprofits with proposals and marketing.
In recent years, Jodi developed and implemented a social enterprise, Swetexel (swa tay hill) Daycare & Preschool, bringing together a Christian church and First Nation, to overcome historical trauma and work toward reconciliation. Jodi also consults for First Nations interested in childcare. Ultimately, she feels her biggest accomplishment is empowering others through her work and seeing lives change as a result.
Jodi lives in Hope, BC with her family where she enjoys the outdoors, gardening, and pottery.
Research & Scholarship
- MA LEAD from Trinity Western University
- United Way Public Policy Institute/University of British Columbia Public Policy Certificate for Nonprofit Leaders
- B.A. in Communications and minor in Applied Linguistics from Trinity Western University
- Teaching English as a Second Language from Canada Institute of Linguistics
- Biblical Studies Certificate from Ecola Bible School, USA.
LDRS 501 Strategic Leadership