Research & Scholarship
- Ph.D. (Microbiology), University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Science (Microbiology), University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia
- B.Sc. (Biology & Psychology), Redeemer University College, ON, Canada
Awards & Honors
- Internal Research Award, Trinity Western University (2020)
Onyango, L. A., & Alreshidi, M. M. (2018). Adaptive Metabolism in Staphylococci: Survival and Persistence in Environmental and Clinical Settings. J Pathog, 1092632.
Onyango, L. A., Quinn, Q, Tng, KH, Wood, JG and Leslie, G (2015). A Study of Failure Events in Drinking Water Systems As a Basis for Comparison and Evaluation of the Efficacy of Potable Reuse Schemes. Environmental Health Insights 3:11-18.
Onyango, L. A, Leusch, F., Leslie, G. and Wood J.G. (2015). Water Quality and Public Health: Risks and prevention, health assessments and potable use case studies, Australian Water Recycling Centre of Excellence, Brisbane, Australia.
Wood, J. and Onyango, L. A. (2014) Potable Reuse: Practises, Water Quality & Public Health, A Global Perspective, Australian Water Recycling Centre of Excellence, Brisbane, Australia.
Onyango, L .A, Leslie, G. and Wood, J.G. (2014). Global Potable Reuse Case Study 4: Windhoek, Namibia, Australian Water Recycling Centre of Excellence, Brisbane, Australia.
Onyango, L. A, Leslie, G. and Wood, J.G. (2014). Global Potable Reuse Case Study 6: Western Corridor Recycled Water Scheme, Australian Water Recycling Centre of Excellence, Brisbane, Australia.
Onyango L. A., Dunstan RH, Roberts TK (2013). Phenotypic variants of Staphylococci and their underlying population distributions following exposure to stress. PLoS ONE 8:1-9
Alreshidi MM, Dunstan RH, Onyango L. A., Roberts TK (2013). Staphylococcal phenomics, metabolomic and proteomic responses to environmental stressors in Microbial pathogens and strategies for combating them: science, technology and education, 4th Ed, pg 690-701
Onyango, L. A., Dunstan, R. H., Gottfries, J., Von Eiff, C., & Roberts, T. K. (2012). Effect of low temperature on growth and ultra-structure of Staphylococcus spp. PLoS ONE, 7, 1-10.
Onyango, L. A., Dunstan, R. H., & Roberts, T. K. (2010). Filterability of staphylococcal species through membrane filters following application of stressors. BMC Research Notes, 3, 152-156.
Onyango, L. A., Dunstan, R. H., & Roberts, T. K. (2008). Small colony variants of staphylococci: Pathogenesis and evolutionary significance in causing and sustaining problematic human infections. Journal of Nutrition and Environmental Medicine, 17, 56-75
Affiliations & Memberships
Canadian Society of Microbiologists
- Microbiology (clinical, environmental, industrial)
- Human microbiome: Health & Disease; Public health
- Staphylococci and small colony variants (SCVs) in nosocomial and community-acquired infections
- Antimicrobial resistance and One Health
- Potable reuse
- Waterborne infections
- Metabolite profiling
- Wastewater reclamation and potable reuse
- Introduction to Biology II (BIOL 104)
- Microbiology for Nurses (BIOL 233)
- Intro to Medical Microbiology (BIOL 333)
- Basic and Applied Microbiology (BIOL 334)
- Senior Thesis Supervision (BIOL 409/410)
- Virology (BIOL 438)
- Christian Perspectives in the Sciences (NATS 481)