Research & Scholarship
BTh (Vancouver Bible College); B.A. (Hons.) (British Columbia). M.A. (Waterloo); Ph.D (British Columbia).
Awards & Honors
- SSHRC ASU grants
- Norman McKenzie (H.R. Macmillan)
- Graduate Fellowship, UBC
- Outstanding History Honours (J.H. Stewart Reid Medal) UBC
- “Native Pentecostalism in British Columbia” in Canadian Pentecostalism: Transition and Transformation (Montreal & Kingston: McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2009); 142-170.
- Christian Perspectives on History” in Christian Worldview (Hamilton: McMaster Divinity College Press, 2009); 278-289.
- Pilgrims in Lotus Land: Conservative Protestantism in British Columbia, 1917-1981 (Montreal & Kingston: McGill-Queen's University Press, 1995), 353 pages.
- "The Funding of Evangelical Higher Education in the United States and Canada in the post-war period," in More Money, More Ministry: Money and Evangelicals in Recent North American History, ed. Mark Noll and Larry Eskridge (Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co, 2000): 272-97.
- "Evangelical Bible Colleges in Twentieth Century Canada," in Aspects of the Canadian Evangelical Experience, ed. George Rawlyk (Montreal & Kingston: McGill- Queen's University Press, 1997): 369-84.
- "Conservative Evangelicalism in the Twentieth-Century 'West': British Columbia and the United States," George Rawlyk and Mark A. Noll, eds., Amazing Grace: Studies on Evangelicalism in the United States, Canada, Britain, Australia and Beyond (Kingston & Montreal & Grand Rapids, Mich.: McGill-Queens Press & Baker Books, 1994.): 317-48.
- "The Double Paradox: Evangelicalism in 20th Century British Columbia," Journal of the Canadian Church Historical Society , XXXVIII, 1 (April 1996): 77-100.
- "Pentecostalism and Fundamentalism in British Columbia: 1921-1927," Fides et Historia: Journal of the Conference on Faith and History, XXIV:1 (Winter/Spring 1992): 68-80.
- "Conservative Protestantism and the Modernist Challenge in Vancouver, 1917-1927," BC Studies 85 (Spring 1990): 24-42.
Canadian History, Canadian history and religion, Religion in Canada, evangelicalism in British Columbia, Evangelicalism and post-secondary education in North America, First Nations Pentecostalism in British Columbia, Canadian Society and church history, and History of Christianity