I completed my B.Sc. (Pharm.) degree at the University of British Columbia in 1979 and Master of Arts in Leadership (M.A.L.) at TWU in 2006. My wife and I are both pharmacists. We have two adult children. Both of them are practicing medicine.
In July of 2012, I retired as pharmacist/owner of a Shoppers Drug Mart after 28 years. At my store, we had approximately 45 employees. I am still practicing as a part-time relief pharmacist. Leadership and people development have always been my interest and has been an important part of my career. My career in pharmacy has given the opportunity to work as a Clinical Instructor for the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences at UBC, Assessor for the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada, Director for the Osteoporosis Society of B.C. as well as participating in various committees at the College of Pharmacists of B.C. My job has allowed me to work in several locations throughout B.C. – Nanaimo, Quesnel, Burnaby, Vancouver, Coquitlam.
I enjoy all kinds of sports - 10-pin bowling, downhill skiing, golfing, ice hockey, running etc. I was a member of the pharmacy intramural ice hockey team when I was in university and have played recreational hockey regularly after my graduation. I haven't played for several years now and have turned to running and swimming the last few years. So far, I have completed a few 10k runs and a couple of half-marathons.
My travels have taken me to many parts of the world. I have been to many cities in Canada, United States, Mexico, Caribbean, South America, Asia, and Europe . It is a wonderful experience especially when it comes to studying culture and leadership.
Research & Scholarship
- Master of Arts in Leadership, Trinity Western University
- Certificate in Financial Planning
- Post-Diploma Assessment Certificate (portfolio assessment)
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, University of British Columbia
- LDRS 302 Historical Concepts & Theories
- LDRS 303 Contemporary Leadership Approaches
- LDRS 330 Leadership in Org.& Small Groups
- LDRS 420 Leading Change
- LDRS 440 Developing Admin Competence
- LDRS 697 LDRS Integration Proj. I (Mandarin)
- LDRS 698 LDRS Integration Proj. II (Mandarin)