TWU’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) extends your professional reach. This program prepares nursing leaders to serve in key nursing education, advanced practice, and health care leadership positions. Trinity Western University MSN exists within the ethos of a Christian liberal arts university with an internationally esteemed Nursing Faculty, and a vibrant School of Graduate Studies and Research.
Upon completion of the program, MSN graduates will be able to:
- Apply thoughtful faith-based perspectives to nursing practice.
- Enact values-based leadership.
- Enact an enhanced professional role based on specialized knowledge and expertise in nursing education, administration, and practice.
- Advance nursing scholarship in practice that is informed by sound evidence.
- Promote ethically responsible health care and health-related policy.
- Relate historical, academic, social, and political influences to health and nursing.
- Qualify for doctoral studies.
MSN graduates will advance in their career opportunities.
Graduates who choose to focus on Nursing Education will be prepared to step into the many current and upcoming faculty and clinical supervision positions in baccalaureate nursing programs. Electives in nursing education will prepare nurse educators with the latest knowledge and skills for teaching in a variety of clinical and classroom settings.
Graduates who choose to focus on Nursing Leadership will be in a unique position to provide highly effective leadership to today's changing, complex health care environments in a range of positions such as managers and professional practice leaders. Electives will prepare nurse leaders with integrated interdisciplinary nursing knowledge-about health promotion, patient responses to illness, demonstrated interpersonal and interprofessional communication, population health and the social contexts of health and illness, and emerging knowledge about health care organizations and leadership theory.