Who will be my roommate?
Once you have been assigned to your room, speak with your Admissions Counsellor and they will let you know when you will be able to hear about your future roommate.
WHERE WILL I FIND MY ROOM PLACEMENT?
When you submit your online housing application you will be placed in a residence room and are made available online in early August via your student portal. Please keep in mind, however, that some last-minute changes may occur and we cannot promise specific rooms to students prior to registration. Your keys will be available when you arrive on registration day.
When can I move in?
Fall Semester 2021
TBA — go to the Fall Orientation page for the latest info!
May I see my room before I move in?
Residence halls are used for conferences during the summer and are closed during Christmas and Spring breaks; therefore, rooms are not available for viewing. Check out the individual building pictures located here.
What furniture is provided?
All students are provided with twin bed, drawers, desk, and chair, wastebasket and wireless connection. Apartment residents are also provided with living room and dining room furniture. Living room furniture may be reconfigured, but it may not be removed from the room.
What do I need to bring?
"Must bring" item checklist:
- Bedding (twin size sheets, blankets/comforter, pillow)
- Towels and washcloths
- Personal toiletries (you may want a carry-case to hold such items), soap, laundry soap, and other cleaning supplies
"Optional" item checklist:
- Desk Lamp
- Small pins, removable tape or Scotch Mounting Putty for hanging pictures/posters (tape, staples, nails etc. are not permitted)
- Hangers for the closet
- Iron (ironing boards are supplied)
- Toaster/Kettle (these items are only allowed in the kitchen area of dorms – they are NOT permitted in dorm rooms and will be removed if found. Best to wait before purchasing these items to see if your dorm already has one available for use. Maximum 1 kettle and 1 toaster per lounge area (to avoid electrical overload).
- Christmas Lights (LED only)
- Bike (to be stored in secured bike storage), sports equipment, etc. (You don't want to study ALL the time!)
"Leave at home" item checklist:
- Furniture (all furniture is supplied)
- Live Christmas trees
- Appliances (other than those listed above appliances in dorm kitchens are not permitted), No appliances are permitted in dorm rooms.
- Halogen lamps
- Racially offensive and/or sexually explicit posters/flags/apparel
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, or paraphernalia, advertising, or apparel portraying such items.
- Firearms, weapons, fireworks, candles, burning incense, etc.
- Street signs, advertisements, or any other stolen public property
What other amenities are available?
- Coin Laundromats are available in your building ($1.25 per load to wash, $1.25 to dry)
- Study areas and lounges in every dorm
- Storage areas are available for various items, including boxes and luggage. Secured bicycle storage is available as well, since fire regulations do not permit bikes in any residence halls.
- A refrigerator and microwave are easily accessible in every residence hall.