1. One of the following undergraduate requirements:
- BA (honours or equivalent) in English, history, or philosophy
- A four-year BA degree with a major in one of the above disciplines
- A BA degree with 24 or more senior level (300-400) semester hours in one of the above disciplines
- BEd and a major in one of the above disciplines or concentrations/minors in at least two of the disciplines
- A strong BA program in diverse humanities disciplines
In each case, an average of B+ in the relevant humanities disciplines is required. Consideration for admission into a period of qualifying studies will be given to motivated applicants whose academic or disciplinary background is not as strong. Details regarding the amount of preparation necessary for entry into the program will be worked out with the program director. Please direct any questions regarding your academic background to the Graduate Admissions department (firstname.lastname@example.org). A final official transcript from the college or university is required.
2. Two references (one professional and one academic, or two academic)
3. Admissions statement (500-700 words)
4. Writing Sample (*may be requested)
Details may be found on the application at www.twu.ca/gradapply
Priority application deadline is April 1 for Fall, November 1 for Spring.
Requirements for International Students
International students are admitted to the University on the same basis as other students; however, please note some special circumstances for International Applicants.