The MA in Leadership (Business Stream) in Mandarin program is suitable for working professionals who wish to study for a quality North American master's degree. By studying while working, students can immediately put their learning into practice.
When assessing an applicant's eligibility, the applicant's life and professional experience will be taken into consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent*
- More than three years of professional experience, leadership management experience is preferred
- Business leaders at middle-level and senior positions are preferred
- Interest in learning and practicing value-based servant leadership is preferred
- Leadership-related educational background and professional experience are preferred
- No need to pass the Graduate Entrance Examination of China
- No English tests required as all courses are taught in Mandarin by bilingual faculty
* Applicants who do not have a bachelor's degree can apply, and the admission committee will review the applicant's work experience and relevant educational background.
Application Document List
- Fill in the Application Form
- Financial Plan: please provide a brief financial plan for your study by referring to the program tuition and other fees. See Application Form for details.
- Application statement: the application statement helps the admission committee understand better the reasons, plans and objectives of each applicant's choice to study the MA in Leadership (Business Stream) in Mandarin program, and also allows us to understand the applicant's writing skills. The number of words is between 1000-2000, and the content can include (but is not limited to) the following aspects:
- Your knowledge and perspectives on value-based leadership, especially regarding servant leadership.
- Why do you choose to learn leadership? Please elaborate on the vision and mission for your personal leadership development.
- What do you think are the most important aspects of leadership? How do you hope to improve your leadership through leadership learning?
- Give one or two examples as to how you would deal with the challenges encountered in leadership practice and the lessons learned.
- How do you plan to practice value-based leadership, especially servant leadership, during program studies and after graduation?
- Rate yourself as a learner in the range of 1 to 10 points. Do you usually study for interest or out of necessity?
- What are the areas that you are most interested in learning about? Why? What are the learning gains that have affected your life and career in the past year? How these learnings are gained, for example, reading, attending workshops, lectures, group discussions, etc.? Which mode(s) of delivery is your favorite?
- How many books on leadership or management have you read? Please list 2 books that impacted or inspired you the most, why? How long does it usually take you to complete the reading? How much reading do you need at work? How much do you usually write in average?
- The time and energy required of a master's student may mean that you need to readjust your life surround your work, family, relaxation, and so on. Is there some flexibility of your daily routine for you to make time for study?
Please submit two reference letters. The first one should be from someone who is familiar with your experience, performance, and leadership potential (may consider a supervisor or peer or business partner at the workplace); the second can be from someone who is familiar with your character (may be your mentor or a friend. Please avoid relatives or family members).
The application fee is $150 (non-refundable).
Higher Education (High School and above) Transcripts: transcripts from higher education institutions (high school or above). The transcripts must be bilingual in Chinese/English and issued by the school/college/university.
A copy of the highest education credential and degree/graduation certificate.
Note: The application materials submitted are valid for one year. In case of a delayed admission, there is no need to resubmit all the application materials and only a partial update is required.