Academic Year Permit
Academic Year Permits are valid from September 1st to April 30th of each academic year. The costs are as follows and include applicable taxes:
|Commuters||$385||Valid only 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. / 7 days a week|
|Residents||$420||Valid 24 hours / 7 days a week|
Commuter and Resident students may purchase an academic year parking permit
TWU Langley parking operates a Pay-By-License Plate system. All passes are virtual. There is no longer a requirement to display a parking decal. As such it is mandatory that you provide accurate vehicle details with regards to the vehicle license plate number. Incomplete or incorrect details may void a permit and result in a violation ticket being issued.
- Permits may be obtained throughout the academic school year on a pro-rated basis.
- Refunds are given for commuter and resident permits on a pro-rated basis. Refunds will be calculated from the date of the request being made and can not be back dated to an earlier date. All refunds will be made to student accounts.
- Your permit must match your student status (commuter or resident) - If your student status changes, please contact Parking Services.
- Permits can be transferred to a different vehicle by the original purchaser.
- Students with a yearly parking permit may park in any lot with the exception of Upper Mattson, Riemer Underground, and all Staff lots.
- If you are temporarily driving an alternate car (i.e. courtesy vehicle) stop at the Welcome Centre to receive a temporary pass.
|1 Week pass||$28.00|
|2 Week pass||$56.00|
|3 Week pass||$70.00|
|1 Month pass||$88.00|
|Full Semester pass (Communter)||$192.50|
- Parking Meter Kiosks are located at the locations around campus. Campus Map
- Dispensers accept coins, Visa and MasterCard. Be sure to have exact change as the dispensers do not give change.
- If any particular dispenser is malfunctioning, the driver MUST seek the next available working dispenser to purchase their parking dispenser ticket.
- A claim that a dispenser was not working is no defense to a parking violation for parking without a valid dispenser ticket.
Summer parking must be purchased between the months of May 1st and September 1st. The cost of a summer pass is $175.00. Summer passes are also available on a weekly basis after the first two weeks the price of the weekly parking goes down to $15.00 a week to accommodate the three week classes. A Summer Permit may be purchased for the full 4 month summer semester, or purchase weekly or daily parking. No Academic Year Permits will be valid after April 30th. Summer Permits will be available for purchase starting in April for summer courses. There are no refunds on Summer Permits.
Motorcycles do not require a parking permit when parked in designated motorcycle areas and hashed areas.
Parking for People with Disability
Parking still needs to be purchased however priority parking is available in our parking lots.
Note: If you have a temporary disability/injury that merits special parking consideration, please obtain a temporary disabled permit upon submission of a physician’s certificate, at the Parking Services office (Welcome Centre).
Alumni Parking Passes
Effective October 1st 2019, there will be a meaningful change to how the TWU Alumni FREE parking benifit is administered. TWU alumni graduates must sign up with the TWU Alumni Association for their free parking benifit. After receiving confirmation that you are eligible for a TWU Alumni parking permit you are eligible to park on campus each day for a maximum of 2 hours. Each time you come onto campus you must attend the Welcome Centre with your Alumni Card or valid photo identification to have your licence plate entered into the parking managment system. Failure to adhere to the new regulations may result in being issued a violation ticket.
The Alumni parking pass will only be valid for reasons such as visiting friends, shopping at the bookstore, going to the library, working out at the gym, attending a Spartan sporting event or SAMC production, and having lunch at the cafeteria. The pass will also be valid during all TWU Alumni Association special events held on campus. The TWU Alumni complimentary parking pass is not valid when attending campus to take courses and is non-transferable to family members and to friends.
Note: Alumni Parking Pass are valid in all parking lots with the exception of the Upper Mattson, Riemer Underground, and all Staff lots.