Andrew Heming has been actively involved in the Strength and Conditioning Industry in the areas of Athletic Performance Enhancement, Personal Training, and Fitness Leader Development. He is an Assistant Professor in the School of Human Kinetics teaching courses in Weight Training, Advanced Weight Training, Conditioning, Fitness and Sports Nutrition.
Research & Scholarship
- M.S. Exercise Science: Focus in Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention, California University of Pennsylvania
- B.H.K. Bachelor of Human Kinetics, Trinity Western University
Professional Certificates and Associations
- CSCS - Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- NSCA-CPT - National Strength & Conditioning Association Certified Personal Training
- TFL - Trainer of Fitness Leaders - Weight Training & Personal Training (British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association)
- NASM-PES - Certified Performance Enhance Specialist (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Pn1 – Precision Nutrition
- FMS2 – Functional Movement Screen Levels 1 & 2
Luke, B. & Heming, A. (2007). Weight Training Manual. Burnaby, BC: Health and FitnessAlliance.
Strength Training, Athletic Performance, Injury Prevention, Program Design, Muscle gain, Fat Loss & Performance Nutrition.
- HKIN 190 Concepts of Physical Fitness and Wellness
- HKIN 101 Conditioning
- HKIN 103 Weight Training
- HKIN 107 Advanced Weight Training
- HKIN 303 Advanced Strength Training Labs
- HKIN 420 Sport Nutrition