Carol currently teaches in the BA Leadership Program with International Students. She has worked as a counsellor and counselling supervisor in various counselling agencies and universities for over 25 years and has been a university professor for the past 18 years. Her interests include Christian spirituality and theology, psychology, therapy, personhood, sense of home and place, and the wonder of God’s creation including animals. When she is not enjoying time with her students from all over the world, Carol lives with her husband and 17 animal friends on their farm in Washington state.
Research & Scholarship
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Seattle Pacific University
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, California State University, Chico
- MATS, Regent College
- B.A., Sociology, University of California, Davis
- Additional study at L’Abri Christian Fellowship, Switzerland
Molcar, C. Place Attachment and Spiritual Well-Being Across the Lifespan, the importance of place and home to quality of life. VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.k., 2008.
Molcar, C & Stuempfig, D. Effects of World View on Purpose in Life, Journal of Psychology, Interdisciplinary and Applied, July 1988.
- Spirituality Studies
- World View
- Purpose in Life
- CPSY 505 Philosophy of Counselling
- CPSY 591 Practicum I (Langley-FRC, Langley-TWU)
- CPSY 592 Practicum II - Langley
- CPSY 609 Integration Seminar
- CPSY 691 Internship I
- CPSY 692 Internship II
- LDRS 301 Lifelong Learning
- LDRS 490 Leading in the World
- LDRS 490 Personhood
- PSYC 301 Theories of Personality
- PSYC 490 Personhood: The Individual
- UNIV 301 Lifelong Learning Strategies