Danielle Vriend Fluit, PhD, RMFT
Danielle is an alumnus of the Marriage & Family Therapy program who joined the faculty team in Fall 2020. Before coming to TWU, she taught and supervised students in the Couples & Family Therapy program at Saint Paul University in Ottawa. She is a Registered Psychotherapist, an RMFT, and an Approved Supervisor with CAMFT. Danielle has been in clinical practice for 15 years, maintains a small private practice, and works systemically from an EFT, integrated, and trauma-informed approach.
Together with her husband Paul, she parents her four fascinating kids and gets into mountains and lakes whenever she can.
- PhD in Psychotherapy & Spirituality (University of Ottawa)
- Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy (TWU / ACTS Seminaries)
- Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (York University)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & English (Dordt University)
- Clinical Supervision Course, CAMFT (University of Guelph)
- EMDR Training, Level 1, EMDRIA (Vancouver)
- EFT Training, Externship, Core Skills & Supervision (Vancouver)
- EFFT Training, Level 1 & 2 (Ottawa)
Therapeutic Hope, Attachment Theory, EFT / EFFT Approaches, Faith &Spirituality & Psychotherapy
- Kam, C. & Vriend Fluit, D. (2021). Combining the enneagram and narrative therapy for adult ego development. Current Psychology, 40(2).
- Vriend Fluit, D. & Gall, T. (2020). “The Flow of Hope: Couples’ Perspectives on Building Hope in Therapy.” Canadian Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Vriend Fluit, D. (2015). “Satir transformational model of therapy and the integration of spirituality.” Journal of Counselling and Spirituality, 34 (1).
- Vriend Fluit, D. (2013). “Soft eyes: The importance of minding our clients’ spirituality. Insights into Clinical Counselling, BCACC, 18(4)
- “Looking In to Look Out: The Necessity of Knowing our Inner Worlds” Plenary (2023), Regent College, Vancouver
- “Bonds for Life: Attachment in Theory and Practice,” Workshop (2019), Canadian Hearing Society Counselling Services, Toronto
- “Family Therapy and Beyond: Building the Family’s Capacity to Change,” Workshop (2018), Saint Paul University, Ottawa
- “Therapist Capacity: Holding Hope and Despair, ” Workshop (2017), Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) Member Seminar, Ottawa
- “Hope & Despair: Two Sides of the Same Coin,” Workshop (2017), Society of Pastoral Counselling Research Conference, Waterloo
- “Holding Therapeutic Hope,” Workshop (2016), Satir Transformational Model International Conference, Vancouver
- “Satir Model of Change and Spirituality,” Workshop (2014), Spirituality & Psychotherapy Conference, Ottawa
Affiliations & Memberships
- Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario (RP)
- Registered Marriage & Family Therapist (RMFT)
- Approved Supervisor (CAMFT)
- International Centre for Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEFT)
- MFT 532 Theories in Counselling
- MFT 557 Research and Evidenced-Based Practices in MFT
- MFT 660 Marriage & Family Therapy I
- MFT 664 Ethics and Professional Issues
- MFT 677 Trauma Informed Therapy