Herbert H. Tsang, P.Eng., Ph.D.
My research interests are in the broad areas of bioinformatics/biomedical engineering, scientific visualization, signal processing, education technologies, and mobile application development. For further details, please see my website.
Awards & Honors
- Fellow, Leonardo Summer Institute, Simon Fraser University:: An interdisciplinary seminar program for doctoral students that examines new emerging technologies and how anticipated policy or societal changes might shape the way those technologies evolve.
- Fellow, Southern Illinois University Undergraduate Research Academy
- Dean's College Scholar
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu (National Honor Society of Electrical Engineering)
- The 2019 Excellent and Innovation - Partnership & Collaboration Award from the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE)
- The IntegrityMatters app has won the 2018 International E-Learning Awards in the Mobile Learning - Academic Division, the International E-Learning Association (IELA)
- The best paper award - A.J. Park, R.N. Quadari, and H.H. Tsang. “Phishing Website Detection Framework Through Web Scraping and Data Mining”, the 8th IEEE Annual Information Technology, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference (IEMCON), Vancouver, Canada, Oct 3-5, 2017.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2009-2011
- Third prize winner in the 2nd Annual MoCSSy Symposium Poster Competition, poster titled "Examining HIV Transmission Rate through Sexual Contact with the Cellular Automata Model", 2009
A comprehensive list can be found on my website.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Engineering and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Senior Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society