Research & Scholarship
My research interests are in the broad areas of bioinformatics/biomedical engineering, scientific visualization, signal processing, education technologies, and mobile application development. For further details, please see my website.
Awards & Honors
- Fellow, Leonardo Summer Institute, Simon Fraser University:: An interdisciplinary seminar program for doctoral students that examines new emerging technologies and how anticipated policy or societal changes might shape the way those technologies evolve.
- Fellow, Southern Illinois University Undergraduate Research Academy
- Dean's College Scholar & Dean's List
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu (National Honor Society of Electrical Engineering)
- Member, Phi Eta Sigma (National Freshman Scholastic Honor Society)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2009-2011
- Third prize winner in the 2nd Annual MoCSSy Symposium Poster Competition, poster titled "Examining HIV Transmission Rate through Sexual Contact with the Cellular Automata Model", 2009
- Faculty of Applied Science Dean's Fund Graduate Fellowship, Simon Fraser University, 2004 & 2007
- PhD Entrance Fellowship, School of Computing Science, Simon Fraser University, 2005
- President's PhD Research Stipend, Simon Fraser University, 2005
- PhD Entrance Fellowship, School of Interactive Arts and Technology, Simon Fraser University, 2003
- Team Peer Award, MacDonald Dettwiler and Associates
- Innovation in Photonic Award (Multi-Imaging Mode Confocal Optical Microscope), British Columbia Photonics Industry Association
- Third prize winner in Graduate Student Research Fair (Association of Graduate Engineering Students)
A comprehensive list can be found on my website.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC)