Research & Scholarship
- Global Pentecostal Movements: Migration, Mission, and Public Religion. Leiden: Brill, 2012.
- A Liberating Spirit: Pentecostals and Social Action in North America. Eugene: Wipf & Stock, 2010 (with Steven Studebaker).
- Winds from the North: Canadian Contributions to the Pentecostal Movement. Leiden: Brill, 2010 (with Peter Althouse).
- Canadian Pentecostalism: Transition and Transformation Kingston & Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press, 2009.
- The Spirit Said Go: Pentecostal Immigrants in Canada. New York: Peter Lang, 2006.
BTh (Eastern); BA (Carleton); MA (Laurier); PhD (Ottawa)
Awards & Honors
Notable Accomplishments and Experiences
- MCRI Grant, Religion and Diversity in Canada (2010-2017) with Lori Beaman
- Director, Religion in Canada Institute (2007-2012)
- Coordinator, Canadian Pentecostal Research Network
- Flame of Love, Templeton Research Grant, Prayer and the Charismatic Movement (2009-2010)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Standard Grant, Second Generation Immigrants in Canada Study (2007-2010)
- Centre for Research on Canadian Evangelicalism Grant, Evangelical Congregations Study (2007-2009)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Grant, ASU Internal Award, Religion in Canada Workshop (2008)
- Trinity Western University Faculty Grant, Beliefs and Practices among Immigrant Congregations: A Follow-up Study on Second Generation Koreans (2007)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Grant, ASU Internal Award, Trinity Western University, Canadian Pentecostal Symposium (2006)
- Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture Grant, University of Virginia, Migration of New Immigrants to North America Study (2005)
Michael Wilkinson and Peter Althouse. 2014. Catch the Fire: Soaking Prayer and Charismatic Renewal. DeKalb, IL: Northern Illinois University Press.
Sam Reimer and Michael Wilkinson. 2015. A Culture of Faith: Evangelical Congregations in Canada. Montreal-Kingston: McGill-Queen’s University Press.
Sociology of Religion