Trinity Western University has partnered with REES (Respect, Educate, Empower Survivors) to provide online reporting for bullying, harassment and sexualized violence on campus. REES allows members of our campus community to Create a Record of the incident and choose from multiple reporting options: Anonymous Report, Connect to My Campus, or Repeat Perpetrator Identification (RPI). REES provides information about campus and community-based resources such as sexual assault centres, healthcare, and support services.
REES can be accessed online anywhere, anytime. Go to https://reescommunity.com/campus and select Trinity Western University from the drop-down list.
About your Reporting Options with REES:
- You can Create a Record without choosing a reporting option. Your Record will be securely stored in REES until you are ready to report.
- Records stored in REES cannot be accessed by REES or Trinity Western University. Only you can access your Record unless you choose to send it as a Connect to My Campus.
- An Anonymous Report allows an individual to share information about an incident of sexual harassment, misconduct or assault without identifying themselves, or identifying the person who has harmed them.
- Anonymous Reports will include only the multiple-choice questions and gender questions from your Record. Anonymous Report data will be provided by REES to the Trinity Western University to measure the incidence and identify patterns of bullying, harassment and/or sexualized violence on campus, with the goal of improving policy, supports or responses to these incidents on campus.
- Because an Anonymous Report does not include any identifying information about the persons involved, it cannot initiate an investigation, and Trinity Western University does not have the ability to follow up with you directly.
- Connect to My Campus allows you to reach out to the TWU Senior Harassment Officer. You can receive support, resources, and information, or discuss the formal complaint process.
- There is no time limit to Connect to My Campus but there may be a time limit for formal complaints and investigation of an incident.
- Repeat Perpetrator Identification (RPI) is a feature of REES that helps to identify a person whose behaviour has harmed multiple people.
- You provide identifying information about the person that is stored in a database. If more than one individual identifies the same person has harmed them, a match is made and Trinity Western University is notified.