Estera is the Program Director for the Master of Christian Studies in Marriage and Family Therapy. She joined ACTS Seminaries in 2015 as a Clinical Coordinator for the Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy Program.
Estera is teaching Cultural Diversity, spiritual integration courses (Spiritual Formation and Spiritual Resources in counseling) and clinical courses (Internship, Practicum and MFT Studies).
Outside of the program, Estera holds a small private practice as a Marriage and Family therapist, working primarily with families who adopted, families who have a member with developmental disability, acquired brain injury or chronic illness.
She also co-teaches the Clinical Supervision course, training clinical supervisors in community.
Outside of work Estera loves to be out in the nature, hiking and camping.
Research & Scholarship
- Psy.D. (California Southern University, 2019)
- M.A. MFT (ACTS Seminaries, 2010)
- B.A. in Social Work (University of Bucharest, 1997)
Boldut, E. (2019) Empathy, Compassion and Burnout Prevention among Mental Health Practitioners. Doctoral Thesis. California Southern University, Irvine, CA.
Affiliations & Memberships
BC College of Social Workers
- Cultural Diversity
- Clinical Supervision
- Spiritual Integration in Counselling
- Compassion Cultivation for Mental Health Practitioners
- Counselling Practicum (MFT 590)
- Counselling Diverse Populations (MFT 630)
- Group Counselling (MFT 661)
- Marriage & Family Therapy II (MFT 670)
- Gottman Methods in Couples Therapy (MFT 676)
- Sexual Issues & Clinical Interven (MFT 677)
- Counselling Internship I (MFT 691/692/693/694)
- Internship Continuation (MFT 696)
- Comprehensive Exam (MFT 697)
- Spiritual Formation (PTH 510)
- Spiritual Formation for Counsellors (PTH 511)
- Spiritual Res in Marr & Fam Therapy (PTH 660)