Lisa Peterson always knew she wanted to teach and has been doing so since 1986. During these years she taught primary and intermediate students. She has been a teacher mentor and has hosted many teacher candidates. Over the years, she discovered how wonderful it can be to work with students with special needs. Her passion in teaching is in the area of Literacy. One of the highlights of her career was the six years she worked as a Faculty Associate at TWU. She has taught EDUC 459 and continues to teach EDUC 455 at TWU. In addition to her experience with TWU, she has also been a sessional instructor at SFU teaching Classroom Management and Early Childhood Education. Teaching has opened doors to new learning and challenges that she could not have imagined as a new teacher. This career has been a blessing.
- M.Ed. Curriculum Development and Imaginative Education (Simon Fraser University)
- B.G.S. Psychology, Special Education, and Early Childhood Education (Simon Fraser University)
- Literacy.Curriculum Development
Lisa Peterson published her first book, "Making Sentences" in 2007. It is a teacher resource that provides ways to teach reading and writing in a hands on and game approach.
- EDUC 411 Early Learning: Curriculum & Assess
- EDUC 455 Curr & Pedagogy: K-7 Lang Arts
- EDUC 459 Lang Arts Strategies at Primary Lev