Education majors contribute to the transformation of society by helping others become life long learners who respond compassionately to the world around them. Teaching isn’t just a career; it’s a sacred calling.
As a teacher, you help children and young people find meaning and purpose in their lives in a loving and respectful learning community. You hold a unique position to help develop your students’ abilities and dispositions. At TWU, we help you to develop the skills you need to nurture your students’ academic, social, and emotional growth.
OUR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION OFFERS:
- Elementary, middle, or secondary school programs
- A five-year concurrent BA/BEd or B.Sc./BEd program*
- A two-year post-degree BEd program**
- A special education minor (as a teachable subject area)
- An education concentration or minor for those pursuing teacher certification
- A Master of Arts in Education Studies—Special Education
*TWU’s concurrent program allows you to work toward a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree at the same time as a Bachelor of Education degree. Most students graduate after four years with a BA or B.Sc, with an additional year to earn a BEd.
**TWU’s post-degree BEd program is for those who have already completed a BA or B.Sc. degree that meets the requirements of the acceptable degree policy for certification in British Columbia and who want to teach at the elementary, middle, or high school levels. For more information please click here.