Celebrate life + musical creativity at Trinity Western University.
Music fills our world and we believe that musical and cultural literacy are critical for Christian musicians. Our Music program provides Christ-centred mentorship and exciting peer collaborations, along with abundant opportunities to hone your musical and leadership skills. Mentorship from professors will take your passion for music and help you develop your ability to impact culture as a performer, educator, creator, or scholar.
OUR BACHELOR OF ARTS (BA) MUSIC PROGRAM OFFERS:
Specialization in one of four options:
- Performance - Prepare for a career in the performing arts and/or private music instruction.
- Music Education - Develop your skills to teach in private or public schools.
- General Music - Receive advanced professional training for a variety of musical careers such as conducting, composition, or a range of options within the music industry.
- Worship Arts - Strengthen your skills, develop a firm theological foundation, and be inspired to help create the future of worship music. Internship at a local church is a key component of this program.
“At TWU, I learned to create music inspired by faith. Through the thoughtful instruction of my professors, I gained not only technical competence but more importantly, a deeper understanding of art and the world. Small classes fostered meaningful discussions and a desire for growth in students. I am thankful to have found an education that was both challenging and personal.”
- Worship Studies
- Digital Recording
- Junior and Senior Recitals
- Vocal Pedagogy
- Keyboard Pedagogy
- Choral Literature
- Introduction to Conducting
- Instrumental Techniques
- Foundations and Principles of Music Education
Instrumental Music - In small and large ensembles, you will sharpen your technical and artistic skills while learning to collaborate with grace and creativity. This vital part of the program will give you a wide variety of performance opportunities.
Choirs and Vocal Ensembles - As a part of our internationally recognized vocal ensembles, you will benefit from exposure to outstanding, eclectic repertoire, the opportunity to sing under distinguished conductors, and the chance to collaborate with professional choirs and orchestras.
Private Music Instruction - Receive instruction in voice, piano, guitar, and most band and orchestral instruments, all offered on campus by a roster of affiliate Music faculty who are also active as professional performers.
Recording Studio - Study in a digital music and audio post-production facility that features Cubase on a Mac platform, with a collection of professional audio production equipment. Three separate studios facilitate students learning outside of class time. Each recording class will develop your skills with technology to prepare you for practicum positions that serve clients on and off campus.
Our Music program prepares students for careers in a variety of areas such as performance, conducting, composition, digital studio work, church music, private lesson instruction, music publishing and more. Students may also choose to pursue further academic studies in performance, musicology, theory, conducting, or music education.