Educational Studies - Special Education (MA)
As classroom populations become increasingly diverse, many teachers are looking for the professional preparation to confidently create an inclusive classroom environment.
TWU’s Master of Arts in Educational Studies in Special Education prepares you to support students with a broad range of special education needs. These needs could include cognitive, social and sensory uniqueness, resulting from learning disabilities, emotional and behavioral disorders, giftedness, and developmental delays.
Why choose the MAES-SPED program?
- Equip yourself to meet the increasingly diverse learning needs of your students
- Become an inclusive leader and expert in special education in your school
- Gain the qualifications to become a specialist administrator, such as a director of special needs.
- Prepare for a Ph.D. program with our thesis track.
- Enhance your professional designation to be eligible for salary scale increases.
Applications can be accepted up to two years prior to start date
DegreesMaster of Arts (MA)
Anticipated Length2 yrs part-time
Delivery MethodMixed online & on-campus (Summer)
"After completing a diploma in special education through SFU and teaching in a District Low Incidence program for several years, I applied to the Master of Arts in Educational Studies - Special Education at Trinity Western University and couldn’t have been happier with my decision. The faculty were very supportive, and the program significantly deepened my knowledge base. This has had a positive impact on my pedagogy, which now allows me to support all students better."
- Christine Thygesen ('19) MAES-SPED graduate
Meet the Faculty
Meet some of our world class faculty and staff inspiring great minds and changing the world.